file Re: Sensory Deprivation Ruling

11 Jan 2015 23:00 - 11 Jan 2015 23:13 #68585 by dabbler
Back when the AH expansion was new I used Rats Warning to initially block, and then followed with Cats Guidance after combat. I forgot about Majesty. I like how the game builds in breakers to deal with redundant players, and stalwarts. It is always cool to "bend the rules" officially to deal with a "One trick pony deck".

As I mentioned though, it is a bastard to deploy SD since everything Chi cost a load of vamp blood.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2015 23:13 by dabbler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2015 12:43 #68591 by jamesatzephyr

As I mentioned though, it is a bastard to deploy SD since everything Chi cost a load of vamp blood.

While imperfect, Path of Paradox and Ravnos Carnival can make blood costs more manageable. Exploited well in decks like Anthony Coleman's Tsunda decks , and there's no reason you couldn't use a similar type of deck to fire off a few more Sensory Deprivations. Even if not going the Tsunda/Eldest are Kholo route, Ravnos breed is potentially exceptionally strong given Week of Nightmares, so cashing in on a few Ravnos Carnival along the way is a perfectly normal thing for such decks to be doing.

More
12 Jan 2015 19:28 - 12 Jan 2015 19:32 #68593 by dabbler
Yea that is a wicked deck. I was not aware that R Carnival could pay for action cards. As it is though I am limited now to only cards from my ancient collection up to Jyhad, VTES, Ancient hearts, DS, and a fistful of Sabbat cards. I never got into any expansions after that because I lost touch with my group. Once I get a few more people turned onto the game I will start buying some of the expansion cards though.. thanks for the deck lead.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2015 19:32 by dabbler.

More
12 Jan 2015 19:56 #68594 by dabbler
Joaquina Amaya
Natalia
Vaclav
Tereza
Kostantin
Lazar
Sarisha
Pertru
Tsigane
Sasha
Andrei
Sabatore

2x Chi
2x Fortune teller Shop
blood doll
Rav Cache
Park Hunting Ground
animalism
KRCG News Radio

army of rats
Ambush
2x bums rush
Restoration
7x sensory dep
the trick of Danya
2x mass reality

4x fata morgana
3x freak drive
kiss of Ra

3x guard dog
2x cats guidance
wake with evening freshness
rats warning
2x ignis fatuus

4x Rm gypsy

Mr winthrop

assault rifle
flame thrower
the ankara citadel, turkey

3x apparition
illusions of kindred
2x horrid reality
2x skin of steel
2x blessing of durga syn

This is what I am working with.

it is 3 for 5 so far. doesn't do well against an intercept based deck. I will be adding my two Rav Carnivals.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds