file Seeds of Corruption

23 Jan 2015 15:40 #68794 by mjvtes521
You've convinced me. I'll swap out 2 Seeds for 2 Blood of Sandman, leaving the deck at 2 of each. The deck isn't all that revolved around blood removal anyway (it has Governs and Parity Shifts, right)?

What are good cards to use to tap opposing minions, in general? I mean cards that are actually worth it. This deck has DOM, THA, AUS, ANI, but I've got another that has dom, PRO, THA, FOR that I'm considering Blood of Sandman for. I'd appreciate any suggestions of good cards for tapping minions using any of those disciplines, or Master cards, etc.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2015 22:00 #68798 by Kushiel

What are good cards to use to tap opposing minions, in general? I mean cards that are actually worth it. This deck has DOM, THA, AUS, ANI, but I've got another that has dom, PRO, THA, FOR that I'm considering Blood of Sandman for. I'd appreciate any suggestions of good cards for tapping minions using any of those disciplines, or Master cards, etc.

It's fairly rare for me to make a deck that doesn't have at least one copy of Anarch Troublemaker in it.

More
24 Jan 2015 07:31 #68799 by alek
also misdirection is fairly popular in powerbleed decks

More
24 Jan 2015 08:31 #68800 by jamesatzephyr

As well as Anarch Troublemaker and Misdirection...

From Dominate, you have some options including:

- Mind Rape , which most people are playing for the (awesome) 'steal this vampire' part, but it also taps vampires
- Command the Legion , which can get expensive quickly
- Steal the Mind , which has a generic "Tap a minion" on the fallback level, though it's notionally a Mytherceria card. 0 stealth and 1 blood, but could potentially be taken by a weenie

If you have a combat-y element to your deck, Animalism provides:

- Deep Song , which also taps the target

From Auspex, you can get:
- Art's Traumatic Essence , which - like Steal the Mind - is a bloodlines card with a strong fallback. Here, it's at +1 stealth, though it's fractionally harder to cycle because you couldn't uselessly play it on an already tapped minion.
- Blessed Audience which is similar to Command the Legion. You might prefer one or the other based on your crypt.

Auspex also gets you Crocodile's Tongue , which doesn't actually tap vampires but it can force them to burn blood to attempt to block meaning that, for example, they have to hunt next turn, so they can't stay untapped.

With several of the above cards, you need to be careful about cards that say "vampire" a lot, because you probably don't want to be completely useless vs Imbued or an ally-heavy deck like Shambling Hordes with Unmasking, or a Tzimisce War Ghoul fest.

As a slightly different tactic, you can try to get people to tap themselves by being careful about the order you take actions in, especially when you have multiple actions. You can try to draw out blocks with a potentially controversial action, then untap, then do your chunky bleed when the vampires can't block or bounce so easily anymore. Given the disciplines you've listed, multi-acting from Rutor's Hand or Freak Drive is obviously possible here. From Protean, some decks use Earth Meld for that - okay, you don't like this diablerie action, so block it and I'll S:CE and untap, you don't like this Mind Rape, so block it and I'll S:CE and untap. Now I'll bleed you for 8.

It doesn't have to be multi-acting to do that, of course. Some players really, really hate Revelations being played on them - inferior generally annoying people most, and you could do that with a weenie Aus vampire. Here, it can be a win-win - they block it so that neither you nor their prey get to find out about their hand (it's common for a player playing inferior Revelations to read out the cards, though they can't actually show them, so could be lying), or you get to see how much they can block/bounce/reduce you this turn and work around it while discarding the card you hate the most. (You don't get to see the replacement card at inferior.)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds