file Tariq and merging

29 Jun 2015 13:19 #71894 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Tariq and merging

I don't know what your version of "successful" is, but I'm seeing quite a lot of players getting use out of a lot of Advanced vampires.

Ben, you have been making a lot of sense so far, but arguing that having adv or base vampires CAPABLE of merging in a TWDA deck indicates that the MECHANIC of merging is fine, is a strawman.

If you're gonna cherry-pick things I say, can we cherry-pick some other things, too? :)

That said, I agree that the existing influence phase mechanic for merging is unsatisfactory, and perhaps it could be sent for review.

Yeah, I agree that "casual merging" for vamps like Ramona could use some help.

And don't put words in my mouth, either. I didn't say that the merging mechanic was fine. I was refuting the notion that there exist few to zero tournament-winning decks that involved Advanced vamps or decks that sought to merge vamps. That doesn't mean that the following don't need improvements:

- the influence phase merging rule
- non-influence-phase merging options
- Advanced crypt cards

Getting use out of advanced vampires is one thing, getting use out of merging vampires is something completely else.

I agree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2015 17:10 #71896 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Re: Tariq and merging
Ben, if you look at the context of what he said, he in no way said anything about advanced vampires. He said that there are zero TWDA decks that make use of merging. Now if you want to make "make use of" mean "have an incidental merging angle" rather than "explicitly focuses on merging vamps as a key mechanic" then your response holds water. I did not cherry pick, i responded to your exact post. Which did, in fact, comment on the set of advanced vampires in the TWDA and not the number of decks in the twda that use merging as a key mechanic.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
29 Jun 2015 17:27 #71897 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: Tariq and merging

Ben, if you look at the context of what he said, he in no way said anything about advanced vampires. He said that there are zero TWDA decks that make use of merging.

Which is factually incorrect.

More
29 Jun 2015 19:08 #71898 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic Re: Tariq and merging

Ben, if you look at the context of what he said, he in no way said anything about advanced vampires. He said that there are zero TWDA decks that make use of merging.

Which is factually incorrect.

Now who is cherry picking?

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds