exclamation-circle Cards Bans 2016 (Anthelios, the red star, Seeds of corruption,Temptation of Greater Power)

19 Jan 2016 13:33 - 19 Jan 2016 13:37 #75028 by Boris The Blade
First of all, I globally agree with the bans. However:

Card bannings are a Rules Team decision, not a Design Team decision.

That is a bit worrisome. Seeds is a rule issue, but the bans of Anthelios and ToGP are very much design decisions: the game can work with or without them at the same level of complexity, therefore the decision that it would be better without is a design decision. Even if different people are involved, they should at least have a common vision to share.

However, I think it was a BIG mistake to release the new expansion at the same time as the bans.
It deviates attention from the super awesome work people did and undermines the interest and discussion about it.

Amen. Nothing that could not have waited a couple more months.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 13:37 by Boris The Blade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2016 14:51 - 19 Jan 2016 15:00 #75030 by Rémi
Dear all,

As this forum looks international I would like to thanks Orian aka TTC first of all and then apologize for my all post :)

Then, as far as I understand people is not crying but just asking for a short explaination of those 3 bans. I think it should not be really complicated to create a new forum anouncement and lock that thread if moderators fear a useless debate since, as I've read on this one, it is too late to discuss the pro/against of that decision.

In a short sentence: Could it be possible to get a short "official" explaination from the relevant VEKN.NET team, please? (Thanks to Pascal, it will arrive soon)
vekn.net/forum/news-and-announcements/74630-anarchs-unbound-released?start=36#75011

Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 15:00 by Rémi.

More
19 Jan 2016 16:30 #75037 by elotar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
19 Jan 2016 17:23 #75038 by jamesatzephyr

And saying he does not make sense in English while he clearly repeated he was Brazilian… is… wow… how can I find the right word since I am just french, english being not my native language… well it's shameful? Make an effort next time to be able to talk about the contents instead of being the smart guy talking about the syntax mistakes.

But... he doesn't make sense in English. His arguments make no sense, because they do not make sense in English. I still have no idea what a strong letter is. We get further on into:

"however when I referred to bleeds, meant that Anthelios would not be a letter of impact size"

I have literally no idea what this means. Literally none at all. Bleeds, letters, impact size, and Anthelios? I have literally no idea.

"f such letters as "DI" or "Pentex" could be repeated, as in any deck facing this strategy would not be stopped by a combo with Anthelios,"

DI isn't a letter. It's a card. It's a master. It's a card canceller. It's a good card. It's a strong defensive card. It's a versatile card. It's a popular card. It's an easily played card. Which of these does "letter" mean? Does "letter" mean any of those? I have no clue.

Since I have no clue what the things he is saying mean, I cannot engage with his arguments - whether to support them, refine them, oppose them, tweak them, expand them, or anything else. So, I point out that I have absolutely no clue what the words he is typing mean, so that he can clarify them, or get a native speaker to help him, or perhaps explain them in some other way, or, well, anything that might help people understand what he means.

And no, I didn't think he meant Anson until after i'd gone to bed. Why? Because it's hard to fill in the gaps when nothing else makes sense. Apparently there's something to do with 3 DIs around stealth and bleed, which is apparently some argument to do with Anthelios, because a bleeder will bleed you, so bans are wrong and letters are strong, or something.

More
19 Jan 2016 19:18 #75043 by wesile
It was clarified by Brum in a previous post that card and letter have the same meaning in Portuguese... the author of the original post is a Brazilian, so, just replace letter with card...

I don't really like bans, But unless you have a better solution for now...

More
19 Jan 2016 19:33 - 19 Jan 2016 19:34 #75044 by jamesatzephyr

It was clarified by Brum in a previous post that card and letter have the same meaning in Portuguese... the author of the original post is a Brazilian, so, just replace letter with card...

Which still doesn't help, because I have no idea what bleeding has to do with Anthelios. When referring to bleeds, Anthelios won't be a card of large impact size? Nope, no idea. You can bleed people who have Anthelios in their deck. You can bleed people who don't have Anthelios in their deck. You can bleed people who have Anthelios in their deck but haven't played it yet. You can bleed people who have Succubus Club in their deck (or in play), but that got banned even though people could be bled by a predator. Still no clue what this argument is about. Or why having 3 DIs in hand is apparently relevant to something at some point somehow involving bleed, or possibly Anthelios.

Or, over here, why anyone would want 10 Pentex in their hand . Which would be an utterly pointless thing to have in your hand, because it's unique, and a card that people play relatively sparingly - often as a card to lunge with, because it's relatively easily removed. A Toreador MMPA deck could plausibly defend it - titles, Auspex - but Girls, not as easily. So... why would anyone want 10 Pentex in their hand, or even in their deck? Not explained, or why it's relevant. Misguided people can build terrifyingly awful decks with 10 Pentexes and 20 DIs and make bad play decisions, so Anthelios shouldn't be banned?
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 19:34 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds