exclamation-circle Cards Bans 2016 (Anthelios, the red star, Seeds of corruption,Temptation of Greater Power)

21 Jan 2016 20:36 #75111 by Vlad

My first reaction after those bans was remembering how I felt when PTO was banned : very sad and with no clues about he Why ?

I will give you an answer: I also wrote elsewhere that as a new player with my first deck (black hand anti malks starters mix) I got a PTO from Arika targeting my freshly influenced Hannibal. I was astonished. The power that could wipe my 10cap before I could say quidditch... As an experienced MtG player with reasonable insight as to what an overpowered card means, this really got me... And then I was curious and found out that there was NOTHING similar for sabbat vampires to destroy camarilla. What a shock!

As I was glad that PTO was banned, I agree with these new bans. I would prefer errata, but vekn policy is clear in this. Thus, ban is about to enter tournament life, get used to it.

PTO was only banned because Independent players whined about it !
I thought we were passed that era...

I was wrong...

I got used to the banned cards, when the reason is understandable : switching places vote for example...

Now i wonder why after so long years do we ban those 2 cards (I don't consider Seeds) ?

And still there are no answers...
Only a partial one about Anthelios, but I stand for that : the problem is MMPA abusers, not Anthelios.

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2016 20:39 #75112 by Vlad

Another thing I do not quite understand, is the "I´m gonna stop playing" approach. VtES, as far as I am concerned, offers the highest amount of possibiliies, how to build a deck, competitive strategies are out there and this is the chance to come with something new again. For me personally, ideas and creating of new decks have always been at least the same level of fun as playing them later with/against my friends....

Of course it's fun, I didn't say it's not, but many players like me, spend less time to build/play vtes now, than by the past.
Thoses players, are the ones that don't want to spend time rebuild and balance theirs decks.

+1

And for me there is an other reason : I moved due to work and got from a big house to a small flat so I sold my cards and only kept 5 decks...
Two of them I can now (almost) throw away ! :(

But that didn't impeach me to teach my daughter (11 y o this year) how to play one of the remaining ones and she definitely wants to try it at my next tournament !

So please don't be judgmental and try to place yourself in someone else's shoes ;)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
21 Jan 2016 21:18 - 21 Jan 2016 21:19 #75115 by elotar
O, we still got people, defending PtO!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 21 Jan 2016 21:19 by elotar.

More
21 Jan 2016 21:23 #75117 by elotar
Also, is it the same person saying that we are not fighting with the root of the problem and that two of his decks has became unplayable without A?

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
21 Jan 2016 21:23 #75118 by GreyB
Lets see, Anthelios:
- Play 5+ pentex in a single game (if you need to)
- Fish back Archon Investigation (when you have a bleeder in your back)
- Fish back ashur's after a liquidation
- Fish back fame and haven uncovered for your ashurs animalism deck
- Fish back any essential master that had been suddened
- Fish back direct intervention/sudden reversal/wash (when needed most)
- Fish back Jake Washington for your Khazar's Diary
- Anything else I didn't think up of just now.

Only effort is getting Anthelios into play and nearly all the points I listed become available to you in a single deck.
And you're basically set for any situation without having to put tons of copies of each card into your deck.

I can see why people are upset a little, sounds like a great deck to play with!! I wouldn't even have to muck about with table politics and for sure my prey has a terrible game while my predator just sees my pool grow! And there's not much they can do about it but stack Not To Be, The Uncoiling or Fourth Cycle into their decks...

If I had those cards, I'd be foaming mad as well... B) B) B) B)

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
21 Jan 2016 21:39 #75120 by Lönkka

Just waiting to be dealt with this situation here in the VTES BRAZIL community with several players who are not very accepted these bans , and I hope that this situation should be reassessed and that it is to everyone's liking .

Of course when you ban some cards some people will be annoyed by it.

Luckily VTES has very few (around ten or so) banned cards so this isn't really a big deal. If you think about the big picture.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds