file In-Clan Bleed Reduce Modules

17 Aug 2016 06:13 #77924 by Azel
Since bounce is still predominantly a dom & AUS game after all these... decades, I thought it would be interesting to talk about in-clan bleed reduce modules. Yes, it helps lengthen game time, but whatever, the wheels of the VTES community turn slowly yet grind fine. I've had some entertaining success with several combinations, which I'll share, and a few that are still not quite ready for primetime.

(Yes, I know crypt sifting for dom and/or grafting basic dom is dirt easy, and de rigueur. But sometimes I get bored.)

I am OK with the obvious AUS Telepathic Counter module and its variants because it's still worth (re)learning to (returning) new blood. But let's cover more of the unexpected clans.

Rules:
Keep it In-Clan Disciplines.
Welcome to Explore Clan, Sect, Sub-Sect, et cetera Toys.
May Mention How Other Modules Support, But Focus on the Bleed Reduce Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2016 07:04 #77927 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic In-Clan Bleed Reduce Modules
This one I used before Keepers of Tradition, so before Steadfastness was printed. It was Ravnos Anarchs focused on Heart's Desire as there's a surprisingly solid G2-G3 crypt with Auspex. Naturally with some Auspex masters Telepathic Counters made a presence, but looking back, I might refocus on Ignis Fatuus or Steadfastness for support.

I soaked a lunge by four Brujah vampires for 12 (or was it 14?) bleed from Jeff Kuta. (love you, Jeff! my apologies! :lol: .) So I know it can reduce silly amounts of bleed, especially if you leave at least two vamps up. Oddly enough Banner of Neutrality became a bit of an MVP in the module, as it didn't care about disciplines or anarchness, just who was bleeding.

2x Dummy Corp
4x Friend of Mine
4x Banner of Neutrality
4x Telepathic Counter (NOT IN-CLAN!)
(Soaks 20-24 bleed)

Looking back, I think I would sub Steadfastness or Ignis Fatuus for TC to keep things in-clan. Yet even Tsigane was soaking bleeds for 2 by TC & BoN. The needed superior FOR or CHI changes access, obviously, and I do prefer more open access like basic discipline or mere clan/sect requirements.

The above definitely qualifies as Anarch Harbingers of Skulls, Salubri, !Salubri, & !Ventrue in-clan bleed reduce module. BUT!, of those I only see !Salubri really benefitting. They have the least amount of AUS (let alone dom) to access bounce.

More
17 Aug 2016 07:29 - 17 Aug 2016 07:30 #77928 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic In-Clan Bleed Reduce Modules
Followers of Set

I like a 60/40 spread (50/50 in some metas) of Ecstasy & Banner of Neutrality.

So like 80 card deck with 20%-30% reactions:
1-2x Dummy Corp
9x Ecstasy
6x Banner of Neutrality
(soak 17-19 bleed)

BoN gets you up to that sweet bleed reduce threshold of -2 bleed per minion, and without extra blood. So two FoS weenies with ser could soak bleeds for 4. Dummy Corp is for early game, open annoyance, and pushing threshold to trigger superior Ecstasy — a small role worthy a splash. I've seen this module give FoS just enough breathing room to their bloat to outlast several certainly lethal dominate lunge turns.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 07:30 by Azel.

More
22 Aug 2016 03:54 #77973 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic In-Clan Bleed Reduce Modules
For some reason, when I play Nest of Eagles, I keep playing against Giovanni bleed decks where Isabel gets reduced by 6. Truth in Ink is significant and limited to certain clans, in practice.

Yet, I also find Nest kind of bad against Inner Circle bleed, and it pretty much never actually helps me win games, just delay losing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds