file If the game would go into print, should there be changes to old cards?

25 Nov 2016 00:58 #79223 by Kimpan
Often when we play in our playgroup we discuss cards that are to strong or to week.
I'm guessing we are not alone but would people want changes to the old cards even if some got weaker?

A few on my mind is Parity shift, its brokenly good and way to easy to cheese in with giving away a couple of pool. But if you didn't have the option to give other players pool I think it would be a more balanced card.

Voter cap, removing the x factor and change it to a fix number so you cant villain, zillas + cap every turn. I think this would speed up tables that have more then one player that have votes. No need to change votes to make sure the acting vamp doesn't voter cap too much etc.

Public valification, the idea of the card is good and cool but with the younger requirement its totally unplayable. I missed the play testing of the card so maybe there's a good explanation why it has it.
Changes to vekn produced cards shouldn't be a problem right? Why we cant make erratas is because there has to be a printed version of the "correct" wording.

So what do you think? Is it a good or just bad idea to go and try to fix old/new cards?

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2016 09:31 - 25 Nov 2016 09:33 #79226 by elotar
I think that with current card pool it will be impossible for a game to return to print - too many cards.

As it is understood by now in the industry no more than 1500 is acceptable.

So, I'd we are going to see such big changes, then errata of some cards will be totally fine.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 25 Nov 2016 09:33 by elotar.

More
27 Nov 2016 15:40 #79268 by Ashur

I think that with current card pool it will be impossible for a game to return to print - too many cards.

As it is understood by now in the industry no more than 1500 is acceptable.

Why is the amount of cards a problem for the game to be printed again?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
27 Nov 2016 16:24 #79270 by elotar

Why is the amount of cards a problem for the game to be printed again?

www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/5/a-new-stage-of-growth/'

In general it just cost too much for everybody involved to maintain production capacity, stocks and channels of introducing new players to the game.

More
27 Nov 2016 20:41 #79280 by Ankha
I think it isn't difficult to pick 1000 usable cards from the current card pool that require no or little errata and constitute a solid card base.
Old cards such as Shackles of Enkidu wouldn't need to be reprinted at all.
Cards that shape the current game such as Parity Shift, Villein etc. could be left aside or not, depending on the design team vision. But in any case, either it would be reprinted as is, or another card should be designed to replace it (so no major errata): reprinting the same card with a major errata brings only confusion to the game.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Vlad

More
27 Nov 2016 22:45 #79282 by elotar

...Villein...errata

I think you are missing something. ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds