file If the game would go into print, should there be changes to old cards?

28 Nov 2016 16:05 - 28 Nov 2016 16:05 #79310 by Lönkka

So, I'd we are going to see such big changes, then errata of some cards will be totally fine.

Ah, neglected to touch this before, Pascal and Vincent have already done the giganormous thing and gone through all the cards and worked on the wordings so they are clearer than before and also use the same template when handling a certain similar type of thing.

So these are just waiting for the green light for the reprint to be used.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 16:05 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Nov 2016 19:10 #79319 by elotar

But... they don't need to reprint all the cards. And they don't need to ban the cards they won't reprint.
New base set 400/500 cards with a mix of old and new card, that's all, followed by small extension, just like when WW published the game.

When WW published the game tabletop market as well as position of WW on it was completely different than of today.

Do you know how much it costs to produce and market "base set of 400/500 cards" even without all this crappy problems with the IP ownership?

Do you know how it will sell?

I know, actually - it will not sell. And not only me, but all other parties, which was involved in negotiation process for the last several years know it too. Why? Because we still got base one of the sets at stock after 10 years after the release date!

VtES was discontinued two times not because it was making too much money ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
More
29 Nov 2016 11:36 #79341 by Lönkka

I know, actually - it will not sell. And not only me, but all other parties, which was involved in negotiation process for the last several years know it too. Why? Because we still got base one of the sets at stock after 10 years after the release date!

And how many places are selling that set, hmmm?
How many other places have been selling that set, say, for several past years?

You actually know how much of the product was bought and stocked by that company?
(HINT: I know because I bloody well ordered the darn cards for that company!)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Nov 2016 13:13 #79346 by elotar

And how many places are selling that set, hmmm?
How many other places have been selling that set, say, for several past years?

You actually know how much of the product was bought and stocked by that company?
(HINT: I know because I bloody well ordered the darn cards for that company!)

For the several years after the release of third edition it was in stock everywhere. And as a product (excerpt epic fail with backs) it was quite well received.

But nobody bought it.

Obviously it was discontinued by most sellers, exceptionally when even WW lose hope in their product.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Nov 2016 13:25 #79347 by Ashur

VtES was discontinued two times not because it was making too much money ;)

WW acted like they f''kin hated their own IP:s those years. First Gehenna, then switching from oWoD to nWoD and all that crap. Totally brainfarts. Who could expect VTES to function when WW left oWoD? At least KoT and HttB sold great from what I´ve heard, in spite of WW:s strange treatment of the IP.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds