file The Slaughterhouse

14 Feb 2017 15:50 #80680 by CelestialChoir
The Harbingers master card "The Slaughterhouse" has become the most feared card on our table. For one pool, the controller can tap it at anytime to make their prey burn two cards from their library. Not only that, the Slaughterhouse is not Unique. So what happens is you end up burning around 8 cards per turn. With merely a master card, you can end up losing half your deck in a game. It's utterly insane that I can't put one Succubus Club in my Daughters deck, but the Harbingers can have 8 Slaughterhouses.

Here's some of my ideas:

1. Make THE Slaughterhouse unique. (THE as in THE only one)
2. Make it cost X+1 pool, where X is the number of Slaughterhouses in play.
3. Make it burnable by a D action.

Prince of Asheville
:fose: :PRE: :SER: :AUS: :cel: :life7:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 16:10 #80681 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic The Slaughterhouse
Burning half of the library of one prey in a whole game is pretty weak. So either you are sarcastic, or you just discovered the card. :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
14 Feb 2017 16:29 #80682 by CelestialChoir
Replied by CelestialChoir on topic The Slaughterhouse
Au contraire mon frere, I just discovered this forum where it can be fixed!

Prince of Asheville

More
14 Feb 2017 16:52 - 14 Feb 2017 17:00 #80684 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic The Slaughterhouse
Eventually, people who play the card aimlessly get bored with how irrelevant it is and how it just eats up their pool and master slots. The easiest thing is to just be patient.

Or, you could metagame with more master hate and more permanents. I swept one four player game with my predator playing a Slaughterhouse deck because I ended up with like 7 minions in play with permableed and permastrength.

Now, there are various tournament winning decks that use it more precisely (ignoring the decks that just use it for the burn option) to actually do something besides pointlessly mill prey.

Btw, there are far worse things HoS can do to their prey from an unfun standpoint.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 17:00 by ICL.

More
14 Feb 2017 17:04 #80685 by CelestialChoir
Replied by CelestialChoir on topic The Slaughterhouse
I hope he finds it irrelevant eventually.
He uses the Slaughterhouse to power Trochomancy, which is +bleed by burning ash heap cards. All bleeds directed at him are redirected with Telepathic Misdirection or Telepathic Counter. Any attempt to enter combat with him is met with combat ends or fortitude. It's truly nasty.
I'm not sure what you all are doing to make burning eight cards a turn weak. That can completely ruin many decks.

Prince of Asheville

More
14 Feb 2017 18:40 #80686 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic The Slaughterhouse

He uses ...

Make such deck yourself (you can use different HoS group to not contest) and start winning left and right, or, to not bother, just ask your friend to borrow the deck for a game.

It's generally good way to understand how to beat some deck and it will be especially useful in this "situation".

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CelestialChoir

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds