file Discipline Cards

31 Jul 2018 21:12 - 31 Jul 2018 21:14 #89501 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Discipline Cards

Now that we're in a new age of VTES, has anyone else thought that discipline cards should be removed from deck building altogether to fulfill such options as diablerie etc? Sure, people can put them in if they want, but if a function of the game grants an increase in a discipline or allows you the option to put a discipline card on a vamp, that a sort of game sideboard should provide it?

They have always bothered me and come off as clutter for the most part. Baggage from a different time in the lives of CCGs.

I have thought about it, yes, and presented the idea some time ago. Months, can't remember when exactly. :)

The premise was that it would make funnier game states and reflect the source material better if the discipline and cap from diablerie would come from outside of the game and should be a discipline the burnee had. Outferior effects and cards like Erciyes Fragment would make an occasional hilarious situation.

I was only thinking about diablerie though. The "discipline" cards could be used as remainder tokens for all sorts of cards that let you choose a discipline. I don't know about Progeny sorts of cards and their power level - haven't and won't bring it up here. It's another topic entirely.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 31 Jul 2018 21:14 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds