file Cross-table specific card ideas?

03 Nov 2018 22:42 #91657 by LivesByProxy
Recently played a game where my cross-table friend was murdered by turn three, having been bleed for 23~ pool in two turns. I wanted to help him, but this game seems to lack cross-table effects in a game supposedly about it's multiplayer.

Anonymous Tip
Only useable by a ready untapped minion other than the acting minion AND only if you control three or more minions who could play this card.
:aus: :obf: :modifier: +2 stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.
:AUS: :OBF: :reaction: Give any ready minion +2 intercept, even if intercept is not yet needed.

Give your cross-table friend a boost to their blocker, potentially saving them. Need to think of a cross-table wake. That would be cool.

Rendezvous
+1 stealth action.
This acting vampire and a vampire controlled by another Methuselah that shares the same clan OR sect with the acting vampire may equip, employ, or recruit any equipment, retainer, or ally from their respective controller’s hands (costs and requirements apply as normal.) Then either vampire can move blood, equipment, and/or retainers between them. If this acting vampire has Obfuscate :obf:, either vampire can play cards to increase the stealth of this action. If this acting vampire has Celerity :cel:, he or she does not lock to attempt this action.

Cards that condense actions are generally good cards. Here is a card that lets you and a cross-table friend immediately equip, recruit, or employ cards in one go (which can't be blocked if the Rendezvous action gets through.) If the acting vampire has Obfuscate, can potentially let your cross-table friend cycle cards. If the acting vampire has Celerity, he or she also gets to unlock.

Red-Light District
Master. Cost 2:pool:
Any vampire not controlled by your predator or prey can hunt at this location with +2 hunt as a +1 stealth action. Once per turn, when a vampire successfully hunts at this location, you gain 1 pool.

I am personally disappointed with 99% of the hunting grounds. They almost all do the exact same thing: get a free blood from the blood bank without a hunt action. That would be fine if that were a unique Hunting Ground effect, but instead it is the same effect seen on 24+ cards with different names and different clan requirements. It would be the equivalent of giving every clan an Information Network. Just... why? Why do that?

This card is what I think the Hunting Grounds should have been: locations that require a hunt action and give a bonus if the hunt is successful. Interestingly, according to the rules, there is no limit to the number of Hunt actions a vampire can perform each turn... which is just more odd exceptions and weird rules IMO. A vampire can only perform one bleed and one political action action per turn, but infinite hunts or recruiting or equipping is fine... every action has innate +1 stealth except for bleeding and playing action cards (which then have to come with "+1 stealth action" text.) Game's rules and card text templating is like spaghetti code. :S

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2019 08:43 - 10 Jan 2019 08:44 #92749 by Bloodartist
Some of the intercept locations can grant cept to other players vampires:
WMRH talk radio, KRCG news radio, rumor mill;

Parity shift can grant pool to another player (often does, too), other vote cards can as well.

Eagles sight and falcons sight can block crosstable (I keep tabs on these things when I play a combat wall. )

Boon cards (life boon, major boon) can help a crosstable player.

You can let the other player steal your powerbase: montreal and use it for bloating.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 10 Jan 2019 08:44 by Bloodartist.

More
10 Jan 2019 08:48 - 10 Jan 2019 08:51 #92750 by Bloodartist

Red-Light District
Master. Cost 2:pool:
Any vampire not controlled by your predator or prey can hunt at this location with +2 hunt as a +1 stealth action. Once per turn, when a vampire successfully hunts at this location, you gain 1 pool.

I am personally disappointed with 99% of the hunting grounds. They almost all do the exact same thing: get a free blood from the blood bank without a hunt action. That would be fine if that were a unique Hunting Ground effect, but instead it is the same effect seen on 24+ cards with different names and different clan requirements. It would be the equivalent of giving every clan an Information Network. Just... why? Why do that?

This card is what I think the Hunting Grounds should have been: locations that require a hunt action and give a bonus if the hunt is successful. Interestingly, according to the rules, there is no limit to the number of Hunt actions a vampire can perform each turn... which is just more odd exceptions and weird rules IMO. A vampire can only perform one bleed and one political action action per turn, but infinite hunts or recruiting or equipping is fine... every action has innate +1 stealth except for bleeding and playing action cards (which then have to come with "+1 stealth action" text.) Game's rules and card text templating is like spaghetti code. :S

Personally I'm happy for the generic hunting grounds. They do their job. I would be far more unhappy if some clans got weaker or stronger hunting ground effects. (they already do. I think akunanse hunting ground is shit for example)

Also in regards of the above, there is already this:

It gives one other player the blood doll effect practically (pay 1 pool, give 1 blood to a vampire. It just gives the pool to the owner of this card). It has appeared in one of our local games, and it turned out to be actually playable!

ps. I ASSUME that it only works for one other player, since it says "to lock this card and.."? Or can anybody lock a locked card?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jan 2019 08:51 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds