file Kindred Society Games

10 Nov 2018 00:39 #91765 by Nac
Replied by Nac on topic Kindred Society Games

You're right that the ruling was made in response to card text that is now outdated. Thus the ruling is outdated and is based on a definition of "untap as normal" that is different the the current meaning. The question remains: what is the benefit of rewriting a card so that this outdated ruling can exist?

Because the rulling makes the card somehow usable instead of absolute walpaper. I mean there is room to talk about how rulling affects cards and how we can improve the game by means of not having to check on the internet how cards work every time they're played. It is perhaps unnecessary but talking about wordings and space design help many of us to understand the game a little bit better. And to make an emphasis on this: I'm not asking for the card to be fixed and printed and to ship it by little-puppies-mail right now, I'm just wondering about how rullings AND design intent coexist in a very cornercase scenario.

Many thanks to all who have wanted to have this conversation :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2018 02:02 - 10 Nov 2018 02:17 #91766 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Kindred Society Games

Because the rulling makes the card somehow usable instead of absolute walpaper.

In what way? Because it allows more than one copy to be played on a vampire? The card does not indicate that only one society games can be played on a vampire. Granted, it’s not explained anywhere (unless I missed it) that a absence of this restriction means that multiple copies can be played. That’s a problem with the rulebook, not card text. The rulebook should explain that, by default, multiples of a card can be played unless the above-mentioned restriction appears on the card. The existence of this default, explained or not, makes the 1995 ruling unnecessary.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2018 02:17 by TwoRazorReign.

More
10 Nov 2018 04:20 #91769 by Nac

In what way?

Rulling makes it possible to play a lot of KSG and make people burn a lot of blood. Without rulling, it wouldn't make any difference how many of them a vampire has. It add possibilities to the card.

More
10 Nov 2018 12:19 #91777 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Kindred Society Games
I’m saying the ruling is not necessary anymore. This is now the default. Multiples of the same card played on a vampire each have an effect. This is unfortunately not explained anywhere. All the ruling did was confuse the reader, because it was written using outdated card text.

More
10 Nov 2018 14:33 #91779 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Kindred Society Games
I don't think it's intended to be able to make vampire burn multiple blood to untap with KSG, otherwise they would have changed the wording on it when they printed it in CE to make that clear. If you are going to do any changes to it then making it a trifle would be the right way to go about it.

More
10 Nov 2018 17:03 #91786 by Nac

I’m saying the ruling is not necessary anymore. This is now the default. Multiples of the same card played on a vampire each have an effect. This is unfortunately not explained anywhere. All the ruling did was confuse the reader, because it was written using outdated card text.

I think you're wrong there. If KSG were any other "burn 1 to untap this vampirecard", then vampire´s owner could burn one to untap with the first one (since it is no longer "as normal" it is just another activated untap effect) so you have two of them, you burn to untap with the first one and you pass the second one.

For example. nightmare's curse on basic chi aus have no rulling on it so a vampire with two of them can burn a single blood to untap.

Nightmare Curse
[Action] Action

[Auspex] Auspex & [Chimerstry] Chimerstry

[2 Blood]

[chi] (D) Tap a ready minion and untap this acting vampire.
[aus] [chi] (D) Put this card on a ready minion and tap him or her. This minion doesn't untap as normal. During this minion's untap phase, he or she may burn a pool to untap. Burn this card when the acting vampire leaves play.
[AUS] [CHI] As [aus] [chi] above, but without the option to burn a pool to untap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds