file SPLIT: Ashur Tablets and Liquidation

16 Mar 2019 15:42 #94095 by TwoRazorReign

[Being required to tap out every turn to pace actionless pool gain is problematic, maybe.

Are your decks allergic to Dominate

Maybe I was playing one of the 70% of minions without dominate....

I'm pretty sure you know this already, but I'll say it anyway: you might have won if you used the best discipline in the game while others did not, then.

I mean, you realize it's a tournament, right? That the point is to win? It's not to play subpar decks (defined as decks that don't use dominate) and then log on here and suggest your losing is evidence that Ashur's Tablets is too strong.

I will never ever ever ever understand the people who play in VTES tournaments. If you want poopy decks to win, then just play casually. If your poopy deck lost in a tournament to a stronger deck, that just means you brought a poopy deck to the tournament and it lost, not that something else is overpowered and caused you to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2019 16:50 #94097 by Mewcat

[Being required to tap out every turn to pace actionless pool gain is problematic, maybe.

Are your decks allergic to Dominate

Maybe I was playing one of the 70% of minions without dominate....

I'm pretty sure you know this already, but I'll say it anyway: you might have won if you used the best discipline in the game while others did not, then.

I mean, you realize it's a tournament, right? That the point is to win? It's not to play subpar decks (defined as decks that don't use dominate) and then log on here and suggest your losing is evidence that Ashur's Tablets is too strong.

I will never ever ever ever understand the people who play in VTES tournaments. If you want poopy decks to win, then just play casually. If your poopy deck lost in a tournament to a stronger deck, that just means you brought a poopy deck to the tournament and it lost, not that something else is overpowered and caused you to lose.

Got it. Play dominate and ashurs. Thanks for help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
20 Mar 2019 15:37 #94179 by ReverendRevolver
I complain about MMPA still being broken for years anytime something else is called too strong, then theres 2 threads on it when I stop for a few months?

Liquidation only perpetuates combos. Pre ashur, it facilitated combos (shamblers....) post ashurs, it meant you get to gain pool while fixing your deck during the game.

Ashurs without liquidation supports multiple strategies, fro.walls to combat to tool boxes to stealthbleed with 60 cards.

Liquidation without ashurs supports 1 cheesey combo.

Ashurs could still do its thing if it only hit minion cards.

Liquidation is a card that you only play if its "drawback " is what you want anyway. (Its still playable at +1/0 pool, arguably if it COSTED a pool) because you want a full ash heap.

Change mmpa rules or kill liquidation and it's fixed. Nerf tablets and it's less broke.

More
20 Mar 2019 22:19 #94181 by skimflux
I'm surprised everyone is talking about errata or ban and not a single mention so far of what should be the default option: make new cards that counter this combo! While the ban/errata stance was understandable while the game was OOP, now BCP can easily design and print a few new cards that will counter Ashur Tablets / Liquidation and give every player more options for deck design.
We already know what can kill Ashur decks (Trochomancy), the effect can be easily replicated for other decks/disciplines/flavours ('remove cards from ash heap to gain +1 strength/stealth/vote') and presto! Ashur decks become more interactive and riskier to play...

MMPA could also be countered with specific cards - an event would probably be most appropriate for that. Something like this:

Exhaustion
Event
Do not replace until any Methuselah plays a Master Card. When any Methuselah plays a Master card reveal the top card of their library, if it is a Master card the card played is cancelled with no effect.

Get enough of these types of effects in the game and Liquid Ashurs stop being a concern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, LivesByProxy

More
21 Mar 2019 00:12 - 21 Mar 2019 00:12 #94184 by TwoRazorReign

I wasn't giving advice. Far be it from me to impart any wisdom to the wise. I was merely saying I don't understand why you don't just play dominate and Ashur's, and instead of doing so, post on here and complain that you lost. "I didn't win the game in the way I wanted to win, so something must be overpowered." It's the hubris thing I've mentioned a few times before.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2019 00:12 by TwoRazorReign.

More
21 Mar 2019 00:18 #94185 by Mewcat

I wasn't giving advice. Far be it from me to impart any wisdom to the wise. I was merely saying I don't understand why you don't just play dominate and Ashur's, and instead of doing so, post on here and complain that you lost. "I didn't win the game in the way I wanted to win, so something must be overpowered." It's the hubris thing I've mentioned a few times before.

You are missing the point so completely, I would not be possible to do a better job if it was purposeful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds