file Combat as a strategy

11 Sep 2019 17:45 #96947 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Combat as a strategy

Also, Potence does not have a single rush action... why???

Indeed so!

Rampage doesn't have a superior effect. rushing would be just appropriate for it.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Sep 2019 21:48 #96948 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Combat as a strategy
So the cards that currently give combat decks ousting potential (excluding heavy bleed disciplines) are as follows:

Fame, Tension In The Ranks, Dragonbound, and Codex of the Edenic Groundskeeper. Am I forgetting any?

A while back I submitted a card called Collateral Damage. I do not remember the effect I gave it, but perhaps something like: "Each time a new round of combat begins, the opposing minion's controller burns 1 pool. Only 1 Collateral Damage can be played each combat."

Trying to make pressing and "long chain" combat more interesting. Works as both defense and offense. Flavor is that two vamps fighting all night spills over into the city, destroying property, causing civilian casualties as a byproduct, and generally breaking the masquerade.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
11 Sep 2019 23:51 #96949 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Combat as a strategy
making the second round of combat on par (or maybe even better than) additional strikes would probably make combat as a whole better. It's always bothered me that in the background, guns only did bashing damage to vampires whereas something like a sword did lethal damage made Melee weapons the de facto preference for discerning kindred.

How does being able to squeeze the trigger faster make that automatic firearm shoot more bullets? Where did that tiger keep those thirteen silver pieces? I have so many questions.

More
12 Sep 2019 05:40 #96951 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic Combat as a strategy

So the cards that currently give combat decks ousting potential (excluding heavy bleed disciplines) are as follows:

Fame, Tension In The Ranks, Dragonbound, and Codex of the Edenic Groundskeeper. Am I forgetting any?

Andre LeRoux, Hell-for-Leather, Blessing of the Loa, Righteous Aura. They are not usable in many decks though.

More
12 Sep 2019 06:54 #96952 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Combat as a strategy

A while back I submitted a card called Collateral Damage. I do not remember the effect I gave it, but perhaps something like: "Each time a new round of combat begins, the opposing minion's controller burns 1 pool. Only 1 Collateral Damage can be played each combat."

And so tye cooper/ponticulus /random vamp with ex nihilo :
trap, collateral damage, random combat cards : 1 VP

More
12 Sep 2019 08:33 #96953 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Combat as a strategy

Andre LeRoux, Hell-for-Leather, Blessing of the Loa, Righteous Aura. They are not usable in many decks though.

Perpetual Care

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds