file Why celerity is such a bad discipline ?

26 Nov 2019 19:08 #97988 by elotar

Something like this?

Quick Response

Reaction
1 blood

Usable during a D action against you or a minion you control

cel: this vampire untaps and attempts to block. This vampire gets +1 intercept even if it is not needed yet.

CEL: as above, and this vampire gets an additional strike during the first round of combat, if the block attempt is successful.

Most usual (d) action against you is bleed. For 1 blood you can play deflection or you can play this card. Which do you prefer? Lol.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2019 22:56 #97992 by Lönkka
What if you, by some weird deck design flaw, do not pack any Dominate?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, ReverendRevolver, kschaefer, Nuckalavee

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Nov 2019 04:21 #97994 by ReverendRevolver
Its shocking that :CEL: decks would actually want to get into combat. If only there were cards in :CEL: that let you manuever or deal additional strikes. What would be really good is a card that somehow restarts a combat that's ending. Then you could run guns and disciplineless ways to equip.

I wonder what that archetype would play like?

But in all seriousness, I like Poci's idea, but I'd rather see "minions without :cel: get -1 stealth" than standing intercept, because it's less of being literally half a second trad that way. Only potential abuse is in Madness Network, and there was already :ani: effects that untapped and attempted to block since '94. Should be fine.

More
27 Nov 2019 09:02 #97995 by elotar

It's kind of definition of the bad discipline if the only reason to prefer :cel: is that you have no access to good ones. ;)

More
27 Nov 2019 09:28 #97996 by elotar

Its shocking that :CEL: decks would actually want to get into combat.

No. Most often :cel: is used for untap in Unnamed or Stanislava ;)

More
27 Nov 2019 13:01 #97998 by Poci

It's kind of definition of the bad discipline if the only reason to prefer :cel: is that you have no access to good ones. ;)

I know that not all the disciplines were made equal, but if there's a design room and a thematic fit I think it should be explored, at least.

I could see, for example, to give prevent to obtenebration. It's sorely missing and there are 2 straight examples from the lore (aegis of shadows and Ahriman's wight) which could be introduced.

Lönkka fortunately got the whole point, making underutilised and underused disciplines better, so diversity increases. Just fixing celerity alone would make waves with assamites, !gangrel and brujah/!brujah outright.

You can make a conditional bounce card that works against vamps without celerity, for example.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds