file Looking to start playing again in South Florida

02 Jan 2012 02:17 - 02 Jan 2012 02:17 #19707 by muushupork
Hopefully it's ok to post this here. I was very interested in V:TES (Jyhad) when it came out and recently found a few boxes of Jyhad cards in storage that i had forgotten about completely. I've begun to look through this site and google in general and have not found any info on regular games anywhere near even the state of florida, let alone south florida. I'd be happy to drive and contribute in any way I can to a regular game. I have a ton of Jyhad cards and have begun collecting again in general. If anything i just hope to get some direction from anyone who can help.

Thanks.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 02:17 by muushupork.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2012 04:56 #19708 by Adonai
This is definitely the right place to post this type of message.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

A few years ago at DragonCon , we played with a player from Miami. His local store had a very small group of players, but they were mostly into Magic. It has probably been 5-6 years ago though. I've also heard of players in Tampa, but I haven't had any luck contacting them.

More
02 Jan 2012 05:55 #19709 by Juggernaut1981
Sounds like it is time to find either a nice spacious garage, a pub/bar/cafe that doesn't mind a bunch of gamers playing games and buying drinks or a FLGS to play at and become the Prince after you recruit a bunch of your friends!

Maybe it will be the first non-Malkavian, non-:DEM: ruler in Florida... (based on VTES vampires).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Jan 2012 11:46 #19725 by Randy
I want to wish you all the best of luck, but sably i cant help. During the five months I lived in Boca Raton i dident find one other player :S.

I hope you have better luck than me...

Prince of Lidingö

More
02 Jan 2012 14:17 #19733 by Brum
Hi there! Welcome back.

Step 1: Post here all your questions. Even the ones that seem stupid or noobish. There is no such thing and people here want to help.
Step 2: See if you can get 4 other people interested in the game. It is a rather awesome game. ;)
Any questions, see Step 1.
Step 3: Contact theLasombra (Adonai here) and get a box of Black Hand decks, once you have a way to get new players.
Those decks are very nice to start new players into the game.
Again, Step 1 is important.

You don't really need to be a Prince or anything. But if you get players into the game, you'll see that they'll respect and look up to you, so that would be a natural step you don't need to worry about.

Cheers and have a nice 2012.
Tiago Brum,
Portuguese NC

PS: also, if you travel outside of Florida, chances are you'll be somewhere with a player base.
VtES players are usually very welcoming and would most certainly love to host a few games with you.
If you travel, check here if there's players where you're going.

More
02 Jan 2012 19:05 #19749 by muushupork
How much does a box of black hand starters cost? i wouldn't mind that. I also bought a 3rd ed. players kit thinking that might b a good way to get close friends into the game. What do you guys think of the Lords of the night starters? Any suggestions are welcome. I noticed the new rose tatu site has good prices on boxes in general.

I also had the idea that i could put up flyer's or some kind of notification about starting a new regular game at the local gaming/comic stores. Are there any ideas or previously used downloadable templates?

Last but not least i found the player registry and there are 5-6 locals registered. Is there any way to contact them? i dont need direct email addy access but maybe the site runner could send a messagefor me?

Again thank you for your help and i can tell you will all be very helpful. I am determined to try and get something going down here. If not I might take your advice and go to dragoncon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds