file VtES in Taiwan?

30 Nov 2012 02:37 #42038 by James Lin
VtES in Taiwan? was created by James Lin
I know I'm probably not gonna find anyone there, but I will be moving there end of January 2013 and was wondering if there's any players there, and if not, which country is closest for next tournament? I just hate to carry all my decks to Taiwan and collect dusts.

Get busy living or get busy dying

----Andy Dufresne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2012 05:09 #42039 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: VtES in Taiwan?
I don't know if there is anyone in Taiwan BUT
1) theoneandonlime on VEKN is the Prince in Singapore and they run a championship.

2) We run a continental championship (usually on the East Coast of Australia) that shouldn't be toooo hard to get to from Taiwan if you want.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
30 Nov 2012 06:04 #42041 by the1andonlime
Replied by the1andonlime on topic Re: VtES in Taiwan?
Hey James, AFAIK, there are active playgroups in Singapore, Japan and the Philippines. There is a group of players in Hong Kong, but I am unable to contact them. There are also dormant playgroups in Malaysia and Thailand, but you will have to persuade them to pick up the game again (they've stopped after the announcement that WW will not be printing further expansions).

The next Asian Continental Championship will be held in Singapore in 2013. I will get around to announcing the date when I can. Holler if you are coming over.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
30 Nov 2012 07:55 #42054 by NC-Germany
Replied by NC-Germany on topic Re: VtES in Taiwan?

I know I'm probably not gonna find anyone there, but I will be moving there end of January 2013 and was wondering if there's any players there, and if not, which country is closest for next tournament? I just hate to carry all my decks to Taiwan and collect dusts.

Hi James,

I will be in Taiwan next summer for 2 months and maybe move to Taiwan in 2014.

I spent almost two years in Taiwan already but I have not seen any VTES players. Maybe we can start a group there.

BTW: Let me know if you are interested in other games. I do know a ton of boardgamers in Taiwan.

National Coordinator Germany
:tore: :pre: :cap2:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, the1andonlime

More
30 Nov 2012 14:41 #42071 by ndinapoli
Replied by ndinapoli on topic Re: VtES in Taiwan?
I have a friend moving back to Taiwan in February 2013. He doesn't have any cards, but I could send a deck or two with him so he can continue to play. I will speak with him to see if he is interested in continuing playing beyond his time here.

More
01 Dec 2012 06:37 #42093 by James Lin
Replied by James Lin on topic Re: VtES in Taiwan?
Thanks for the posts guys. It is encouraging to hear that the Singapore and Australia tournaments will still be happening and I'll do my best to attend them (I love Singapore Airline, the best). I will be taking 32 decks with me so maybe decks aren't that much of a problem. I might even be able to go to Japan except I don't know if they speak English there. Hope we can meet up if you do go to Taiwan :)

Get busy living or get busy dying

----Andy Dufresne

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds