file Those rotten anarchs!

20 Mar 2012 09:23 #26282 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Those rotten anarchs!
You don't -have- to untap with dabbler, you can take blood from it also. Especially the non-samedi don't really have that much to do after bleeding. And you also don't have to use the club on every bleed. But it increases the lunge potential of the deck a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2012 12:23 #26950 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Those rotten anarchs!
Finally i managed to test the deck!

This is the final version i used :

Crypt : 12

4x Anarch Convert
2x Jack Dawson (adv)
2x Jorge de la Muerte
1x George Frederick
1x Mina Grotius
1x Gaspare Giovanni
1x Rafael Giovanni

Library : 80

Master : 17, 9 trifle

1x Club illusion
1x Anarch Railroad
1x Houngan
3x Dabbler
1x Twilight Camp
5x Villein
2x Lilith's blessing
1x Obfuscate
1x Wider view
1x Giant's blood

Action : 24

10x Keystone kine
6x Off kilter
6x Reanimated Corpse
1x J.S. Simmons
1x Tasha Morgan

Action Modifier : 24
7x Cloak the Gathering
3x Veil the legions
2x Faceless night
1x Swallowed by the night
3x under my skin
8x Forced March

Event x1

Narrow minds x1

Combat : 11

4x Weighed walking stick
7x Diversion

Reaction : x3
3x on the Qui vive

I removed monkey wrenches, as i felt i have no blood to support them (and i think i was right). Also, slimmed combat more, and added a bit more stealth.

Got 0 VP's :D in two games, but deck does have potential.

In first game, i was squeezed between powerbleed deck and a Tremere wall. However, managing to get out 2 Samedi out, i had a good flow, and ended up practically racing against Powerbleed for my vp. Sadly, i got tremere down to a few pool, but fell then.

In second round, my predator was ravnos, and my prey Serena the white, with AUS/FOR. Le sigh... her special slowed me down significantly, and my combat cannot hurt her really. Even so, i had a good lunge opportunity when club illusion hit the table, but did not make it, and when week of nightmares hit the table, ravnos finished up.

I notice a problem when i draw only one Samedi (that happened in 2nd game). Lots of actions and cards need to be played by samedi ( corpses, off kilters, forced marchs), so i got mildly jammed. On the other hand, Gaspare was a star, as when he armed himself with a stick, and pummeled with additionals for 3, after that, nobody tried to block him anymore :-D

Today, more testing :)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
31 Mar 2012 12:40 #26951 by Klaital
Here is the newest version of mine. As you can see, I came to the same conclusion you did about removing combat to add more stealth. I probably should switch someone to 5th convert, but not sure who, since apart from Jack and Jorge, all the others are missing one of the discplines. I guess it would be either Mina or Maria, most likely Mina because with her lack of obfuscate (or thanatosis) she can't play a lot of the cards in the deck.

Crypt:
4x Anarch Convert
1x Maria Stone
1x George Frederick
1x Mina Grotius
1x Rafaele Giovanni
2x Jorge de la Muerte, the Agent
2x Jack Dawson(advanced)

Library: 80

Master: 17
1x Anarch Railroad
1x Club Illusion
2x Dabbler
1x Giant's Blood
1x Houngan
1x Jake Washington
2x Lilith's Blessing
2x Perfectionist
1x The Coven
5x Villein

Action: 17
10x Keystone Kine
7x Off Kilter

Action Modifier: 31
9x Cloak the Gathering
3x Faceless Night
8x Forced March
2x Lost in Crowds
5x Monkey Wrench
4x Under My Skin

Ally: 6
6x Reanimated Corpse

Combat: 7
7x Diversion

Retainer: 2
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Tasha Morgan

More
31 Mar 2012 12:50 - 31 Mar 2012 12:52 #26952 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Those rotten anarchs!
did you play it? How did the Monkey wrenches show?

I must say i am pleased with dabblers as a multiact/bloat mechanism.

Good thing over perfectionst is that they give you blood even when someone blocks your keystone kine, or give you untap even when the action was blocked, after combat (so you cannot use forced march). That proved crucial in survival several times.

How are you finding lack of sticks? For me, they made a difference several times, as between using two pool, or getting sticked in the face for 4 (or even 6 with gaspare) is a choice for players often....

Well, Cloaked Mina can bleed for 3 when she burns blood, 4 when club illusion is on. Marija does not have that output. Marija can force march, though, and stealth... But i would keep Mina... Her other special also kicks in 1-5 games, and then it is good :-D

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2012 12:52 by Pendargon.

More
31 Mar 2012 14:49 #26962 by Klaital
Haven't tried this version yet as I have been more focusing on tuning up my pure clan Samedi toolbox currently, but I will get around to it now when I finally have enough keystone kines.

One other thing to consider if you are finding it difficult to play the off kilters is to switch some of them to Friend of Mine which gives you bleed reduction at fortitude or intercept at necromancy.

More
31 Mar 2012 14:51 - 31 Mar 2012 14:52 #26963 by brandonsantacruz

Combat : 11

4x Weighed walking stick
7x Diversion

I would say that 4 sticks is about 2 too many. You want them to be there, but you hopefully don't get blocked very often. To that end, you might consider going with a combat package of more like:

3x Swallowed by the Night
2x Weighted Walking Stick
5x Diversion

Against serious combat, you can just prevent and hope for the best. I would bet that most people will just stop trying to block in order to prevent you from getting more +bleed. This way you end up discarding fewer cards.

Speaking of discards, card flow tech is noticibly absent from this deck. No Dreams, Barrens, or Powerbase: LA? You are master heavy already, so tread lightly. What about Learjet?

I think you may be better of focusing primarily on Samedi because of the great clan cards. If you did, you could use some Little Mountain Cemetery and Coroner's Contact.

By the way, is Houngan really better than Life in the City? I might just drop it because of the low payoff.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 31 Mar 2012 14:52 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds