file !Nos Big Caps Combat Toolbox

17 Apr 2012 12:33 #28071 by Poci
I love the original deck! Simple, lean and clear cut, but some modifications I would imply:

-Smiling - you simply don't have the time for that and just generates the table hate (which you'll get anyway with this deck, sooner rather than later).

-3 sense the savage way - no serious reason to untap, just to deflect, and it stucks in your hand. Maybe 2 Slam would be useful.

-2 monsters should stay, in my opinion. Yeah, costly, but definitely worth it! If you decide against them, than it shold be Conditionings.

-I'm still considering it, but nowadays I'm thinking seriously using some (2-4) street creds in this type of decks. Not expected, and saves the bloating action (and if this deck hits, then it hits way more that the opposing one). I would add 2, (sub the smiling and a sense).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 14:23 #28079 by johannes

3 sense the savage way - no serious reason to untap, just to deflect, and it stucks in your hand

This card NEVER sticks in my hand because I can cycle it for free. With DOM it allows to untap and then deflect. Also you stay untapped in case of Change of Target and whatnot. I would also not even consider going down on the number because I am usually going full tap out with everybody.

I would also be tempted to try Nahir. +1 bleed and +X hand size should be great in a deck like this and Swalloweds might as well be Slams and Mighty Grapples.

Swalloweds are very useful to get your rush past Jake Washington and also they gave me a VP on two occasions because of the stealth on a bleed.

Thanks a lot for the very good suggestions. Abbott is certainly going in. I thought about bringing the deck down to 80 or 75, but it flows very quickly and with the Dreams .. I did actually run out of cards twice with this deck already.

More
17 Apr 2012 15:03 #28083 by johannes

It looks pretty nice deck, but in the end it's way too vulnerable to Pentex for my taste. Cailean gets a Pentex and you're basically fucked. I also feel it pretty slow having to bring out multiple fatties without acceleration and forward motion consisting of bleeds for 2 or the occasional Fame dunk.
sate for small Crows.

Well there is 4x Dreams, Nosferatu Kingdom and the special from Tarbaby. So not a whole LOT of acceleration but also not none. I am considering dropping the two Monster against an Info Highway and Pentex. Or go with 2x Wash.

More
17 Apr 2012 15:27 #28085 by Surreal

It looks pretty nice deck, but in the end it's way too vulnerable to Pentex for my taste. Cailean gets a Pentex and you're basically fucked. I also feel it pretty slow having to bring out multiple fatties without acceleration and forward motion consisting of bleeds for 2 or the occasional Fame dunk.
sate for small Crows.

Well there is 4x Dreams, Nosferatu Kingdom and the special from Tarbaby. So not a whole LOT of acceleration but also not none. I am considering dropping the two Monster against an Info Highway and Pentex. Or go with 2x Wash.

I wouldn't add Wash. It is too prayerish against Pentex and will just stay in your hand and make deck flow worse. Carlton and Mylan are ok against Pentex if your metagame has not become more combat happy also. With that kind of crypt I feel you have to just accept to get Pentexed some time.

I would just play more with the deck and see what is important to change. If you feel the deck doesn't flow good enough I would cut it to 80 cards and keep all Dreams. Dreams or Nosferatu Kingdom in starting hand is very good because you are sure to get vampire out in two turns. Another thing to think is add some Conditioning to get some more lunge potential. Cards I would think replacing are 2x Heroic Might, 2x Monster, 2x Fists of Death, 1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch.

More
17 Apr 2012 18:24 - 17 Apr 2012 18:27 #28094 by iditxa
i like all deck, very good. only i change 2 monster and anarch by 1 info highway, a carver and Mark V for Cailen.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 18:27 by iditxa.

More
18 Apr 2012 07:39 - 18 Apr 2012 07:40 #28114 by Pascal Bertrand

I would appreciate some suggestion on what to use instead of Monster. Preferrably cards without pool cost, or one maximum.

Carver's / Scourge ?
Pentex is a strong choice .
Uncoiling is fun too :)
Last edit: 18 Apr 2012 07:40 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds