file Massassi's love affair

09 May 2012 12:32 #29802 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Massassi's love affair

LoL ;)

And while we are at it, maybe 9 ashurs, a parhtenon or two, DI or three and anthelies to boot!!! makes everything better B-)

Now you're on the right track. in fact, if you replace Massassi with Anson...

Now, seriously, I'd take smaller vamps for support (parhaps concetrating more on AUS than POT, I'm not sure on this one).
I also support your opinion on Vessels vs Villeins in deck such as this one. I'd even suggest adding more Vessels (like 6 total) because you need to get your blood of your rushers fast at the beginning of the game or your Tastes won't be worth it and you'll have problems getting any minions past first one in play. Perhaps drop Giant's Blood (highly 'contestable' card) and a single Celerity master.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2012 14:26 #29811 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Massassi's love affair
I'm siding with Jeff on the Vessel vs. Villein question - you spend 3 turns getting out Massassi and you want to drain her dry before punching someone for 5 and tasting. Just pretend that :DEM: is always your predator. But Kiddo has a point about support vampires - they don't need to be able to play your combat package, they just have to be able to play Telepathic Misdirection while Massassi and Jeremy MacNeil are tapped. Think about it.

:trem:

More
09 May 2012 15:06 #29816 by Pendargon
Still disagreeing bout Villein.

See, it is very unlikely that my first turn will be rush punch die.
I first need to tool up.
now, imagine Massassi comes out, puts on well-marked (one blood), and Heroic Might (3 blood). Now only 5 blood left!, add in odd TM, and i am already riding low. First taste needs to recoup that. That is why i feel villeining is bad here. Vessels produce a nice, stable flow. Maybe one more would be needed actually.

I am more inclined to agree here about the support cast. But who to pick?

3/4 groups have very few AUS guys in low range... Maybe Maldavis, Kisha Bimji, Frontador? I would keep at least Homa as support

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
09 May 2012 16:56 - 09 May 2012 17:17 #29824 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Massassi's love affair
What is your meta like? Where i play, a normal game is 11'ish rounds.

3 rounds to get Massassi out
4th round stick a vessel on her, equip/recruit or rush if pressed
5th round you can pull back 1 blood with vessel
6th round you pull back 2nd blood with vessel, only now have you actually poolgained
7th-11th round for another 5 blood from vessel

Thats 6 pool total from vessel.

Villeining for 6 gets the same job done using a lot less resources, and coupled with Liliths leaves you room to fish for CEL cards.

You dont have to villein for the full amount if you expect hitback.

Conclusion, I concur with the other posters. Id definitely dump vessels for villeins, and perhaps include a guardian angel (paid for by removing the vessel cost) and/or kevlar vest. Even if you slim the CEL cards youll still be able to handle a DBR deck with such a setup.

I fully respect that your meta may look a lot different and that vessels may be the better choice.

Edit: add codex of the edenic groundskeepers?

Lackeyname: Kris
Last edit: 09 May 2012 17:17 by Khaan.

More
09 May 2012 17:26 #29827 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Massassi's love affair
Unless there's some very good reason to use them, Vessels are always inferior to Blood Dolls. I don't see that reason in this deck.

Another alternative is to remove Jeremy, make the rest of the crypt Osebo, and use Grooming the Protege. Helps speed up the build-up process that you're worried about, as well as also being better than Vessel.

Powerbase: My Laibons Rush Your Guys (Luanda, maybe?) should certainly be in here if you go for the crypt change.

More
09 May 2012 18:20 #29830 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: Massassi's love affair
Powerbase Lomumba? only requires a laibon to put into play. You can give the rush to any of your vampires, assuming it is not stolen.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds