file Brujah Anarch Revolt Slim Deck

11 May 2012 17:43 #30045 by erewego
Hello there, I was going to write this long post to analyze the deck, but I realize that some questions are in order, to not waste either of our time.

1) You said its a "Brujah AR" deck, but you use Brujah and Brujah anti but no clan cards. Is this a theme? Are you just looking for POT cel?

2) Do you have ready access to most vampires? Or is your collection limited?

3) Are you trying to make Combat AR with thin deck? Or you were looking just for more ideas to add more cards to deck?

Adam
Prince of NY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2012 18:22 #30157 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Well hi,

1, It's potence, celerity and they happen to have presence as well. The group is what it is because it has Jack Drake, who has + STR POT CEL and starts as an anarch.

2, What I don't have I can often borrow.

3, Anarch Revolt rush deck, because I have seen one work well. Basically I just happened on 70 cards, I didn't particularly try to make it slim, but I don't usually make decks larger than 80. I wanted to hear what people think about such a concept. It could be, for example, that it'd be better to make a Theo, Beast AR rush deck and have them evolve superior Celerity with Lilith's Blessing.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
14 May 2012 05:22 #30212 by Jussi
Since Jack can make anarchs of vampires with title, you could use Pug Jackson instead of vampire without superior celerity. I'd also consider Urraca for the same reason - you don't need to make all of your vampires anarch anyway.

I'd go with CEL pot vampires instead of POT cel so that you could use TS+IG+Pursuit instead of TS+IG+Blur, which is more versatile.

Dropping Tension in the Ranks for lilith's blessing might be good idea - you risk your own vampires to go in torpor if you villein them anyway.

Pushing deck to 80 could be good option, adding lilith's blessing, and B+!B hunting grounds would ensure your vampires are good for combat.

So, I'd put at least 2 Lilit's blessings and two hunting grounds, removing tension and even Haven Uncovereds. There should also be at least two Anarch Revolts.

For combat module, I'd suggest couple of more pursuits and reduce amount of blurs. Instead of Undead Strength, I'd use Target Vitals, which can be used with thrown sewer lids as well. For 80 card deck, I'd also add two to four Infernal Pursuits.

Add two fleetnesses and two Bum's Rushes. And, if you are uncertain, add two Big Games as well.

In short:

-1 Tension in the Ranks
-2 Haven UC's
+2 Lil'Blessing
+1 Warzone HG
+1 Amusement Park HG
+2 Anarch Revolt
===
adds: +3

-2 Blur
+2 Pursuit
-4 Undead Strength
+4 Target Vitals
+2 Infernal Pursuit
===
Adds: +2

+2 Fleetness
+2 Bum's Rush
+2 Big Game
===
Adds: +6

Totals to 81, which should be quite ok.

Mr. Kiova, from Pori rumbled around with nasty Theo+Beast AR deck, and that worked really well. G2-G3 would also have great vampires with POT + dom, and that would increase your pool defence capability. But that deck would be something different.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
14 May 2012 05:26 #30213 by Jussi
Oh yeah, drop Heart of N. It's not worth it. I'd also remove Dragonbound, but that's because I don't ever get vp's with it :)
I'd also consider dropping Pentex.

You could add one or two Infernal Pursuits, and use it carefully just to fetch rush, combat and ditch excess rush, combat or masters.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
14 May 2012 19:44 #30337 by erewego
Well, since you were kind enough to answer my questions I guess I feel obligated to analyze this for you.

*First thing - Sorry, if you are going for "Anarch Revolt rush deck" then guys with permanent rush would be better (Theo + Beast) BUT that doesn't mean we can't go over this theme: Anarch Rush Starring Jack Drake.

Jack Drake
Capacity 8
pre tha CEL POT
Brujah
Group 4
Independent. Anarch: When you put a younger vampire in play from your uncontrolled region, that vampire may burn a blood to become anarch. +1 strength.

So Jack has some interesting unique stuff that will aid you in this theme.
+1 strength - this could mean that you don't have to fill up on Torn Signposts (will review)
tha - This gives you access to Crimethc!, mirror walk, and more importantly Blood Fury/Rage. Possiblities: Rutor's Hand, Magic of the Smith
[Not for this deck, but he goes nicely with Father Juan Carlos]

So from the deck theme, it looks like you are not taking advantage of Anarch tech with the exception Anarch Revolts. That's fine. That allows to cut out a lot of options. (Although I think 1-2 Crimethc! is strong). So if its pure pre cel pot with a focus on the Potence (you only have 8 cel cards and 6 pre cards), this should be focused on. Support crypt should be:
[Key] Jack Drake
[Primary] Pug Jackson, Tomaine, Jeremiah Noble, DeSalle
[Secondary] Marlena, Wah Chun-Yuen, Henry Taylor*, Sir Ralph Hamilton

If you want to play them all, that's fine to see whom you like. But with the exception of Henry Taylor*, I would play some combination of Jack Drake, the Primary and Anarch Converts and do just fine.
[You can also do Jack Drake + Brujah Anti, and get access to Gang Territory]

Masters/Pool gain: You need pool to live! No vessels, too expensive. Half Blood doll, half villein should be good. A master card package is too long to go into and can change easily. But it should be around 13-15 masters. 18 masters if you add Dreams and/or Barrens. 4/5 Anarch Revolts is good. Oh, 1-2 Monster archtype is VERY strong here.

Rushes! - 10-12 rushes, you always want one in hand.
Bleed - Heart of the City is good, but I'm more partial to Tasha, J.S and Camera phones.

Flavor cards: Hungermoon and Restricted Vitae (LOL Strained Vitae Supply). You have to limit their blood sir! Otherwise you rush and then they rescue/hunt and you are back where you started. Aranthebes and/or Scourge of the Enochians: stops the stupid "little guy bleeds for one and only one".

Okay, this is getting way too wordy, but I hope this helps some!
Adam Hulse
Prince of New York

More
14 May 2012 20:16 - 14 May 2012 20:16 #30351 by Boris The Blade

Flavor cards: Hungermoon and Restricted Vitae (LOL Strained Vitae Supply). You have to limit their blood sir! Otherwise you rush and then they rescue/hunt and you are back where you started.

Hunger Moon does not work well with Anarch Revolt: even if the Anarch hunts for 0, he is still ready and you will have to rush him again next turn. And if you rush him again, 0 or 1 blood makes very little difference. Carver, Pulled Fangs and Decapitate should work better in this deck.
Last edit: 14 May 2012 20:16 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds