file I 2 I

16 Sep 2012 19:53 - 16 Sep 2012 20:11 #36986 by Haze
I 2 I was created by Haze
I kind of slapped this deck together years ago and only just now found it again. Not at all fine-tuned, very toolboxy, so I'm not too attached to anything here besides the Homunculus tech. give ideas, mess around with it however you want, I'm open to all suggestions. (there's a decent amount of combat in my metagame, so I have to be prepared for just about anything)

1. Sergei Voshkov looks cool and has cool special abilities. while playing him you must make terrible "Eye" puns constantly to break the other players' concentration. this will earn you at least 1 VP guaranteed.

2. Shahid with Homunculus is very fun.
(You may tap Shahid during any other Methuselah's untap phase to increase your hand size by X for the remainder of the turn, where X is the number of ready minions that Methuselah controls.)

you might wonder why this couldn't just be made with Gangrel instead, but cards like Homunculus, Claws, Flesh of Marble only need basic protean. plus I like the Nosferatu specials and clan cards.

Deck Name: I 2 I
Created By: Haze
Description:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 19, Max: 39, Avg: 7.5)
2 Baron Dieudonne ANI OBF POT PRO 9 Nosferatu
1 Foureyes obf pot 3 Nosferatu
1 Jeremy Wix Wyzchovsky ani obf pot 5 Nosferatu
3 Sergei Voshkov dom pro ANI AUS OBF POT 10 Nosferatu
2 Shahid ani for pro OBF POT 7 Nosferatu
1 Slag ani obf pot 4 Nosferatu
2 Zelios pro ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu

Library: (90 cards)
Master (17 cards)
1 Barrens, The
1 Fame
1 Guardian Angel
2 Information Highway
1 Labyrinth, The
1 Lilith's Blessing
1 Perfectionist
1 Rack, The
1 Rebel
2 Rotschreck
1 Slum Hunting Ground
3 Villein
1 Warsaw Station

Action (12 cards)
1 Army of Rats
2 Dark Mirror of the Mind
3 Deep Song
2 Entrenching
2 Patagia: Flaps Allowing Limited Flight
1 SchreckNET
1 Sheepdog

Action Modifier (1 cards)
1 Enkil Cog

Political Action (1 cards)
1 Ancient Influence

Reaction (15 cards)
4 Cats` Guidance
4 Confusion of the Eye
2 Guard Dogs
1 On the Qui Vive
2 Sense the Savage Way
2 Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (29 cards)
2 Canine Horde
5 Carrion Crows
2 Claws of the Dead
3 Flesh of Marble
3 High Ground
6 Pack Alpha
2 Taste of Vitae
5 Thrown Sewer Lid
1 Wolf Claws

Retainer (10 cards)
4 Homunculus
3 Murder of Crows
3 Raven Spy

Equipment (2 cards)
1 Sniper Rifle
1 Starshell Grenade Launcher

Event (1 cards)
1 NSA Trio

Combo (2 cards)
2 Swallowed by the Night
Last edit: 16 Sep 2012 20:11 by Haze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2012 04:33 #37340 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: I 2 I
How do you intend to oust? The only things I see here that do pool damage are the single Fame and the three copies of Deep Song.

More
20 Sep 2012 08:04 #37364 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: I 2 I

How do you intend to oust? The only things I see here that do pool damage are the single Fame and the three copies of Deep Song.

then you must've missed the army of rats and enkil cog, as well as Jeremy who has +1 bleed. if I'm built up I can afford to make steady bleeds of 1, because Homunculus provides the defensive untaps

so what do you suggest?

More
20 Sep 2012 15:07 #37411 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: I 2 I
I always run out of blood when I have used Homunculus. (Of course, I have only used it with Andreas, The Bard of Crete! He can burn a blood for intercept.)

I like the idea of using Sheep Dog with Homunculus. Maybe you could add some more copies of Sheep Dog. It has less restrictions then entrenching. I don't know what to take out.

More
21 Sep 2012 04:14 #37425 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: I 2 I
For blood gain, you could add Aaron's Razor. Combined with a perfectionist, it's rather steady blood gain.

I'd drop Ancient Influence - it only slows your ousting, unless there aren't any ready vampires with capacity above 5. And, in that case you are probably safe anyway.

Aranthebes is a good addition in a deck like this.

How about Ivory bow for general goodness? Bowl for intercept?

Then there's a matter of ousting. Perhaps tweaking your master module to support Smiling Jack and constant pool gain via Vessels (and Powerbase: Montreal).

I'd rather change high grounds for more swallowed by the nights - even if you have patagia, you don't necessarily need high ground for setting range.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
21 Sep 2012 07:34 #37437 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: I 2 I

For blood gain, you could add Aaron's Razor. Combined with a perfectionist, it's rather steady blood gain.

that's a pretty good idea, and it combos well with Warsaw Station.

I'd drop Ancient Influence - it only slows your ousting, unless there aren't any ready vampires with capacity above 5. And, in that case you are probably safe anyway.

when I first played it I was worried about spending too much pool on big expensive vampires, but I think adding in the Villeins makes it okay.
I may or may not keep it. in the early game I'd rather have the extra pool so I can keep building up, even if it gives everyone else pool too. and late in the game I'll just discard it.

Aranthebes is a good addition in a deck like this.

aggressive weenie decks are somewhat rare in my metagame, so Aranthebes often gets used just for blocking.

How about Ivory bow for general goodness? Bowl for intercept?

the Starshell used to be Ivory Bow, but having one of each sounds good.
I don't want to depend too much on Sergei, so I'd rather have more raven spies than a bowl.

Then there's a matter of ousting. Perhaps tweaking your master module to support Smiling Jack and constant pool gain via Vessels (and Powerbase: Montreal).

Smiling Jack might be a good idea, if I tune up the reaction package some more. I'll have to test the blood usage before I rely on Vessels.
I'm usually reluctant on Montreal because it always gets passed around and prolongs the game. late in the game that's no problem, I can just defend it, but early in the game I can't afford the actions to get it back.

I'd rather change high grounds for more swallowed by the nights - even if you have patagia, you don't necessarily need high ground for setting range.

I was thinking this myself. Patagia could be IR goggles instead, since Flight is almost never relevant in combat.

thanks for the input!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds