file Gro - disiplineless weenie, 90 card variant of 60 card weenie hunt master

05 Dec 2012 09:03 #42388 by Lönkka

time is an illusion.

we dont typically play under strict tournament conditions.

When players have even marginal grasp of the rules it is a Good Idea TM to at least make a menatal note of the gamesituation when 2 hours are up. You know, just to give the table a vague idea how the decks would've performed in "normal" environment.

Given unlimited time the game will mutate into something completely different one which'll distort the player's perception of how the game works.

Plus, the two hour limit is good in preventing the game from dragging on and on and on. So even "a rare 5 player game" could be won.

I suggest trying out some simple and streamlined deck concepts with the playgroup so they can see how quicker decktypes are supposed to work and you'll notice the difference. I think Extrala or Lasombra has been doing a starter mashup project combining and streamlining 2-3 same starters to make them more effective.

Also there should be PLENTY of simple straighforward decklists consisting mainly, if not wholly, of commons. Guys, if you know such please drop the link in this discussion fo r the benefit of mirddes and his playgroup.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Dec 2012 23:50 #42422 by Adonai

I think Extrala or Lasombra has been doing a starter mashup project combining and streamlining 2-3 same starters to make them more effective.

Atomweaver's Deck Bashing Challenge
(Basically 2 starters, trimmed down to usefulness)
www.thelasombra.com/dbc/dbc.htm

Extrala's Reasonably Priced Decks
vtesone.wordpress.com/decks/reasonably-priced-decks/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, mirddes

More
06 Dec 2012 13:35 #42458 by Joscha

we dont typically play under strict tournament conditions.

This is a big problem. A deck for a longer game differs very much from a tournament deck and to give help for a deck you have to know what metagame it is designed for.

Try to play under tournament conditions. It IS much more fun.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
06 Dec 2012 13:58 - 06 Dec 2012 14:00 #42460 by mirddes
the crux of the issue is that my playgroup is inactive and almost nonexistent.

id like to be able to describe my meta but the best i can do is list the decks myself and my partners brother have constructed (2 gangral decks to his credit)

i just want to play and lackeyccg is not ideal.

maybe i could convert magic and yugioh players at their weekly tournaments

id prefer playing under tournament conditions if i could.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2012 14:00 by mirddes.

More
06 Dec 2012 15:16 #42465 by DeathInABottle
Make the best of the situation you're in. If you can only get one or two other people together on a weekly basis for the time being, and if those people don't see the value in sticking to tournament rules, it's better to bend the rules than to drive them away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds