file bginner's deck: Giovanni Shamblers

10 Jan 2013 04:58 - 10 Jan 2013 05:05 #43843 by Haze
I've made a similar "budget shamblers" deck that tended to do well even without fancy rares (it only had some Sudario Refractions which combos with everything)

I used double copies of Morgue Hunting Ground to get one in play early. no-nonsense blood gain. just for fun I also used Transfusion, since they're free with the Path.

I recommend Shoulder Drop, when it lands they can't press out of the Trap. it's not incredible, but it can be a fun "surprise!" card for beginners to play. and it's cheaper than buying Target Vitals.

I think Dis Pater doesn't go too well with the deck, and Dead Hand is kind of a useless card overall. if the vampires need some combat cards to play, maybe Cold Aura would be better.

also, between Tye Cooper and Gregory Winter, I'd keep Tye in as he's more versatile. Gregory is more complicated to play and more vulnerable, so I'd consider removing him to make room for other cards.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2013 05:05 by Haze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2013 08:07 #43853 by Lönkka

I recommend Shoulder Drop, when it lands they can't press out of the Trap.

For controlling the combat continuity Shoulder Drop is indeed very nice. And it also inflicts additional damage.

also, between Tye Cooper and Gregory Winter, I'd keep Tye in as he's more versatile. Gregory is more complicated to play and more vulnerable, so I'd consider removing him to make room for other cards.

Tye is very good for providing a solid blocker against serious combat deck (lacking aggrapoke) but just donät go losing it as it'll hamper shamblers as well.

Gregory Winter works as permanent removal solution after shamblers torporize minions that you don't want to see hanging around for that long. Garverobbing is even better but once Gregory is omn the table you can use him every turn instead of waiting one of those few Graverobbings to be drawn. Gregory can also soften up targets of the shamblers beforehand and for that Impundulu works as well.

Someone suggested earlier trading at least some Wakes for On the Qui Vives which is essential when you play with Allies.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 Jan 2013 14:24 #43889 by Molloy
Without The Unmasking, I don't think Qui Vive is such an improvement on Wake. I have stacks and stacks of Wakes I can spare, but not enough Qui Vives.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds