file Bruce de Guy Leads Polly and De Sade

08 Apr 2014 17:27 #60780 by ReverendRevolver

I've never liked Seeds of Corruption. It seems like a poor card because it stops your prey from going forward. David Cherryholmes suggested it, so I'm trying it out. I can't say I've ever successfully taken the action because it does what David said it would do and draws the block. That makes it OK I suppose because if they just used their intercept on that, then the next action may get a pass. But it doesn't oust and I don't like cards that don't oust.

All that said, it does combo nicely with Public Vilification, Banishment and Society of Leopoldo

Its only an action that NEEDS to be sucessful if its going onto Aksynia or Cybele or Nana or maybe Anson, in a girlsstyle deck. Ive been more hurt bu Blood of Sandman, as far as "lockdown" cards like that are concerned.

But, the more they fear what a cars does to thier ability to win, the more they feel compelled to stop it. So, that govern bleed and big vote suddenly seem like second priority when compared to losing a vamps abilities and thembrely being able to act without high cost for several turns.

Shadowed eyes I havent gotten to play with like seeds, but its less threatening, more limited in who can put it where, and less likely to get blocked. For more wallish decks, it seems very strong, especially defending from big bleeders who can deny blocks, or in a pinch protecting yoir grandprey (i play walls alot, and that extra 6 pool can bexome very hard to burn through if your prey gets lucky)

Anyway, theres options if seeds doesnt work out. Really, painting it as scary is important, otherwise you lose 3 blood and your prey probably doesnt look to use that vamp much for awhile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 04:01 #60789 by BobbyDoc
If you get the thamaturgy cards early they will be dead slots on the hand for a long time. Especially since you want to get Bruce or De Sade up first.
Also I would add 1 Bruce and remove 1 Polly.

It's sad, but the weapons (not Ivory bow though) would be better up as Walking Sticks. You can use a stick 3 times and I think you will not use a the permanent weapon so much more during a game. Also this frees up 4 new slots to fill (instead of Concealed weapon) with something better.

I would also skip Eternal vigilance (expensive to use and you already have under siege) and at least 1 Grave Robbing

I would suggest adding cards like Freak drive, Govern, Seduction, On the qui vie, Bonding, Framing an Ancient Grudge and Fear of Mekhet.

/ robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
09 Apr 2014 05:40 - 09 Apr 2014 05:41 #60795 by Ashur
(WHY IS "CANCEL" STILL = "SUBMIT" IN THIS FORUMS?)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
Last edit: 09 Apr 2014 05:41 by Ashur.

More
13 Apr 2014 14:42 #60944 by prestonp
All good suggestions.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds