file Salubri - Vitae Block

17 Apr 2014 08:46 #61083 by Lemminkäinen
You left out the most important piece: Society of Leopold!

Also, Change of Target is amazing with a deck that has lots of Spirit Marionette (to burn their wakes).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2014 10:05 #61086 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Salubri - Vitae Block

You left out the most important piece: Society of Leopold!

Agreed, that is always nice in attrition decks.

Also, Change of Target is amazing with a deck that has lots of Spirit Marionette (to burn their wakes).

Nah, I don´t think those fit in this wall-ish variant.

Also - as always: Try to slim the deck a bit. Cut each type with 1/7 to make 77, or something like that.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
17 Apr 2014 11:48 #61088 by Lemminkäinen

There's 15 Actions in the deck (and the only stealth is three Repulsions).

More
18 Apr 2014 18:47 #61108 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Salubri - Vitae Block

There's 15 Actions in the deck (and the only stealth is three Repulsions).

Ok, you might be right - it´s just that I never have used them, and they don´t seem to occur in many TWDs with Spirit Marionette. You need those cards slots for other stuff. But I´ll might try it then.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
19 Apr 2014 16:35 #61299 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Salubri - Vitae Block

Vitae block is a meh card, because combat is just a means to an end. Cool, VB makes them go to torpor easier,but they get blood back. If you amaranth them, you getcless blood.

Only anathema combos well with it. So......

Saulot with lucinde and victorine, thaum, etc

Or maryanne and her ventrue with matthew and serena, tap n cap, nose of hound rush anathemas and VB.

poolgain andxminion removal is pretty funny,

I like that idea.

the other use I found for vitae block is to send to torpor, then graverob them. so the blood comes back to you in the end!

I think the problem with vitae block is that it always requires another action to combo with it. spirit marionette + heidelberg does almost the same job but is much more simple and efficient, no risk to jamming your cardflow.

anyway, for this deck you very much want to decrease the size from 90. your strategy depends heavily on getting permanent cards in play, like smiling jack and heidelberg, so you don't want to delay them.

More
19 Apr 2014 19:31 #61313 by ReverendRevolver
Yea, decreasing deck size is harx to do, but for efficiency here itd help.

Im trying to cut things without fluid combat down as a rule anymore.

Viate block isnt as good as marionette because it takes ALOT to make a combo with combat work. Transfusion is a similar trick ive never seen help. You can be certain that you can make a marionette action get through eventually, even if it takes a daring the dawn. Other combo pieces, like a fortitudexskill card on the minion to play a dtd himself, a graverobbing in hand, heidleberg out, etc, is more cercumstantial, but you can probably bank on takng a minion, bleeding with them, and you know what resources you can deprive the target of.

Vitae block is less reliable, isnt a bleed, doesnt always deprive X amount of Y resource, and is combat.

So, you have to make it REALLY worthwhile to justify the slots not being better cards, or just empty slots to increase efficiency. its just not an easy thing, and i applaud anyone doing good things with it. the last anathema deck i even listed was cock Robins bait on a atick, where someone was anathema on either side of me and id tauntte caged beast at superior, typically removing a minion from my prey and fattening my predator. Not great, though

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds