file Toreador gun deck

15 Oct 2017 11:08 #83863 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Re: Toreador gun deck
I think I would put in some bleed cards for ousting since you are still playing toreadors.. Maybe heart of the city or just some air of elations? In my own experiments with combat decks, actual ousting seems to be a key problem to solve.

Also I might put in a few nose of the hounds for auspex stealth rush, possibly 1-2 fames?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2017 20:36 #83869 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Toreador gun deck
You might want to consider switching from groups 1-2 to 2-3 to get Ira Rivers in. His special ability is kinda amazing:

"Prince of Dallas: Ira gets +1 intercept when attempting to block political actions. When Ira plays a card that requires Auspex [aus] , you may draw an additional card from your library (discard down to your hand size afterward)."

Or switch over to groups 4-5 to get more ousting power from Andre LeRoux (it is cumulative):
"When a vampire you control would successfully bleed, you may reduce the bleed amount by 1 to give Andre +2 bleed this turn."

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
21 Oct 2017 09:19 - 21 Oct 2017 09:54 #83959 by schabowski
Replied by schabowski on topic Re: Toreador gun deck
Maybe anything like this:

-1 Enhanced Senses
-1 My Enemy's Enemy
-1 Quicken Sight
-4 Taste of Vitae
+1 Papillon
+1 Society Hunting Ground
+2 Eagle's Sight
+1 Haven Uncovered
+2 Aire of Elation

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=3 max=10 avg=7.42)
================================================
3x Anneke 10 dom AUS CEL PRE Toreador:1
1x Dorian Strack 4 cel AUS Toreador:1
1x Felicia Mostrom 5 pre AUS CEL Toreador:1
2x François Villon 10 chi obf pot AUS CEL PRE Toreador:2
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
3x Marcellus 8 pro AUS CEL Toreador:2
1x Zöe 3 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (21)
1x Art Museum
1x Barrens, The
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Haven Uncovered
1x Papillon
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Society Hunting Ground
2x Vessel
5x Villein
1x Wider View

Event (1)
1x Dragonbound

Political Action (2)
2x Parity Shift

Equipment (8)
7x .44 Magnum
1x Bowl of Convergence

Ally (1)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Action Modifier (2)
2x Aire of Elation

Reaction (29)
2x Eagle's Sight
1x Enhanced Senses
6x Eyes of Argus
1x My Enemy's Enemy
2x On the Qui Vive
1x Quicken Sight
10x Second Tradition: Domain
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (26)
4x Blur
6x Concealed Weapon
4x Psyche!
6x Pursuit
4x Side Strike
2x Sideslip
Last edit: 21 Oct 2017 09:54 by schabowski.

More
More
21 Oct 2017 18:25 #83964 by ReverendRevolver
The last one I've played against more times than I'd like to remember....
But that tournament in Flint was (unless I'm mixing it with another tournament) an eclectic mix of decks. I think I took a VP each round and sat out the finals. If you want a basic outline for an Anneke deck that can succeed in multiple environments, it's that one.

Now, I ousted him with that deck while playing my Anson Celerity guns s year before that, but he did come back from 1-2 pool for several turns before I got him. That's what you want an Anneke deck to be capable of: compensate for lack of forward action by blocking your prey aggressively if needed, so your grand prey isn't screwed, and be able to infuriate your predator by making one-two pool seem impossible to bleed through somehow. It's a wall and Celerity guns, balanced.

More
22 Oct 2017 09:03 - 22 Oct 2017 09:03 #83966 by gotcha
Replied by gotcha on topic Re: Toreador gun deck
I usually dont comment on how to build decks because everyone has its own way building them with advantages and disadvantages. I have succesfully won tournaments with an anneke deck that a lot of people will have comment on - only four 44, two taste, only two villein, no blur, etc etc : www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=15676
all depends on the meta; i focussed on blocking an extra time and not dying to stealth bleed. Once I have the permanents in play I try to get wakes and intercept back with ashur, and yes i am vulnerable to ivory bow, ani and heavy combat, but with tupdogs or something you ll probably die anyway. You cannot be save from everything.
so my comment on your list:
- too master heavy without anson: drop barrens, haven, papillon (works with marcellus or francois only - replace with taste), five villein is too much in my opnion; add a wash or sudden (vs pentex) or play two instead of one. Erciyes fragments is a game winner ... for otqv, bounces, or whatever ...
- aire of elation ... drop em ... u gonna bleed for four with anneke or francois? bad idea one barrens and two dreams (u might also like to use for transfers) is not good enough for card cycling ... i d add a couple of aura reading or infernal pursuit which might be better in this deck ....
but in the end it s all about how you play the deck, whatever version .... blocking (only) the important actions ...
Last edit: 22 Oct 2017 09:03 by gotcha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds