file My Deathstar

23 Jun 2015 02:49 #71821 by Jyhad
My Deathstar was created by Jyhad
As the subject implies, this is my variation on deck. I've added Ghenna tech to it. If I had more embraces, I'd switch out more of the Webs, but it's what I have. Haven't been able to test it yet.

Crypt: (12)
4x Amaravati(G4)
2x Layla bint-Nadr(G4)
2x Vardar Vardarian(G4)
2x Yazid Tamari(G3)
1x Anarch Convert(G*)
1x Yazid Tamari (advanced)(G3)
Library: (90)
Master: (10)
2x Alamut
2x Seattle Committee
2x The Khabar: Community
1x Anarch Railroad
1x Hospital Food
1x Poacher's Hunting Ground
1x The Black Throne
Action: (15)
6x Web of Knives Recruit
2x The Embrace
1x Constant Revolution
1x Fee Stake: Boston
1x Fee Stake: Corte
1x Fee Stake: Los Angeles
1x Fee Stake: New York
1x Fee Stake: Perth
1x Fee Stake: Seattle
Action Modifier: (18)
4x Cryptic Rider
2x Cloak the Gathering
2x Elder Impersonation
2x Faceless Night
2x Forgotten Labyrinth
2x Into Thin Air
2x Lost in Crowds
2x Veil the Legions
Action Modifier/Combat: (2)
2x Swallowed by the Night
Combat: (23)
5x Target Vitals
4x Taste of Vitae
4x Vascular Explosion
3x Blood Sweat
2x Behind You!
2x High Ground
2x Leapfrog
1x Taste of Death
Event: (8)
1x Break the Code
1x Conquest of Humanity
1x Fall of the Camarilla
1x Fall of the Sabbat
1x Narrow Minds
1x Restricted Vitae
1x Rise of the Nephtali
1x Torpid Blood
Political Action: (14)
10x Consanguineous Boon
4x Revolutionary Council

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2015 08:04 #71824 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic Re: My Deathstar
I would recommend you to modify your initial post taking into account this template :

How to get the best results from Deck Clinic posts #383 08 Jan 2011 16:08
1) Post your deck using ARDB or Secret Library format. This allows players familiar with the game to quickly and easily see how much of your deck is played on your turn, how much is played on others turns, etc.
ardb.googlecode.com/files/Ardb_3_1_1.zip
www.secretlibrary.info/?deck

2) Answer as many of these questions in your description as you can:
How do you intend to oust?
How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
What do you want your average turn to look like?
What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

3) Mentioning if you've reviewed a particular deck building article and would like help with implementing that advice is also a good choice.
www.thelasombra.com/deck-building-theories.htm

Just giving a quick look to your deck, I don't find it at all competitive. You have no real means of becoming anarch (except for 2 Seattle Committee and 1 Anarch Convert).

There's another option, that works fine. Instead of Embraces and Web of Knifes, you can play Legion + THA skills to be able to play Crimeth Inc.

Combat is completely pointless, I would take everything out.

You definately need 1 Garibaldy-Meucci Museum. 1-2 My Kin Against the World should be good.

Take all the events out to finde room for 1-2 Uncoiling + 1-2 Not to Be.

You can also take Poacher's Hunting Ground and Hospital Food out, they are useless. IMO, you should find some room for 1-2 Direct Intervention and 2-4 Delaying Tactics. You can defend your Fee Stakes and you can avoid Ancilla and/our Anarchist Uprising.

Maybe add some Anarch Revolts ?

More
23 Jun 2015 12:21 #71827 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: My Deathstar
I agree that the combat cards are a waste. Really all you need for combat is Swallowed by the Night, which you will mostly play for stealth. You could include a couple of No Trace if you anticipate a high intercept or rush combat meta.

Diversify the crypt! Also add Yoruba Shrine. Keep the deck to the minimum size necessary to function so that you get the awesome cards you need when you need them.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
23 Jun 2015 14:44 #71828 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: My Deathstar
I just see too many cards for the deck to be good "death star" rev council.

Now, some combos can have 60 cards and be too many (im looking at some twister builds with one to 3 too many junk cards that could be burn options) and ive seen 70 card decks be too few cards for others, its about how many moving parts you can physically have to accomplish something before you realize you have 87 cards dedicated to Appolonious not sucking at second trad alastor combat.

Here, we have to:
1. Win. By
A. Bleeding with enough minions for rank bonus
B. Anarch attrition and maybe a council.
2. Setup to accomplish b.

So, we can agree other options set up to bleed with more minions than a pallet of of Sabbat War contains offers more efficiently. We can argue that other things do this and vote better. (!Torries, obviously Pander, Nos Royals, g6 baali horde against the world, whatever).

So what do you want with anarch assamites and this strategy?

Anarch attrition keeping pace with weenie support and a rev council kill?
Sounds cool, lots of toys to make it happen, but maybe too many. Council needs barons, thats cool, crimethinc does neat stuff.....

But streamline. Its stays if if accomplishes 1aor 1b, it might stay if it helps keep you alive.

But you are slow to set up. I had a voting grotesques deck that outpaces this by 5 turns.
Whole thing isnt bad, its not efficient enough though. Converts help alot. I think i like seattle com alot too, but im not feeling some proportions, or some masters.

Combat package: you spelled 3x sideslip wrong. Unless you are dodging sbtn is plenty. Old friends could be neat.

More
11 Jul 2015 15:57 #72004 by Jyhad
Replied by Jyhad on topic Re: My Deathstar
For the few that commented. Thank you for the suggestions. Though for the record, my meta is too violent not to have combat. And a solitary maneuver with Swallowed by Night wouldn't cut it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds