file Lord Tremere and friends

20 Nov 2015 20:00 #74487 by schabowski
Hi,

I want to play an ANI/AUS/DOM/THA-deck with Lord Tremere.
It is not really a wall deck but a toolbox deck.
What do you think, what can I improve?

Deck Name: Lord Tremere and friends

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=7 max=10 avg=8.67)
================================================
4x Dr. John Dee 9 chi ANI AUS DOM THA Tremere:4
4x Gabrielle di Righetti 10 obf pot ANI AUS DOM THA Tremere:5
4x Lord Tremere 11 obe ANI AUS DOM VIC THA Tremere:5

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (19)
1x Arcane Library
1x Chantry
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Highway
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3x Vessel
6x Villein
1x Wider View

Action (16)
1x Army of Rats
3x Deep Song
5x Govern the Unaligned
1x Judgment: Camarilla Segregation
5x Magic of the Smith
1x Rutor's Hand

Political Action (1)
1x Parity Shift

Equipment (7)
1x .44 Magnum
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
1x Sniper Rifle
1x Sport Bike

Ally (1)
1x Ponticulus

Action Modifier (6)
1x Bonding
1x Conditioning
1x Enkil Cog
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
1x Mind of the Wilds
1x Mirror Walk

Reaction (22)
2x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
1x Eagle's Sight
2x Enhanced Senses
6x Eyes of Argus
2x On the Qui Vive
6x Sense the Savage Way
2x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (14)
3x Apportation
1x Canine Horde
3x Carrion Crows
2x Flames of the Netherworld
2x Rego Motus
1x Telepathic Tracking
2x Theft of Vitae

Combo (4)
4x Murmur of the False Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2015 20:39 - 22 Nov 2015 09:13 #74488 by Hakuron
It depends a lot on what you want your deck to do and on what your meta is like.

Given only your list and the capacities of your vampires I would advise to put more crypt acceleration into your deck.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 09:13 by Hakuron. Reason: typos

More
20 Nov 2015 20:47 #74489 by 2wayspeaker
From the top of my head:

Less cards in total, this will help you see the cards you want to see sooner like enkil cog.
More wider view with this crypt you need it sooner than never. (Or change the crypt)
More crypt acceleration/cycling. Keep arcane/montreal/info but add more dreams
Drop jack, you probably can't defend it even if you do get it on time
I don't think you have actions and sufficient combat to go rush people
1 more delaying
Choose 5 equipments

Think about card cycling, I think you have a lot of dead draws (too many master/action cards too little actions master phases) for example murmur cycles easily and covers the 1/10 bounce.

If you plan to oust your prey through attrition of his deck you should have some more eagle's sight so you can keep hurting your prey when he reverts to d actions only.

Test the cycling, see what you can play and try to get through the deck in 14 turns of your regular games.
Cards you didn't use didn't help.

I think you need actions the most and would probably go with a few weenie tremeres to give you actions and targets for arcane/montreal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
21 Nov 2015 20:10 - 21 Nov 2015 20:15 #74496 by Asnek
Replied by Asnek on topic Re: Lord Tremere and friends
crypt
i would add few tremere antitribu and 1-2 infernal pact in deck for animalism...
Nickolai, The Survivor ; Ash Harrison ; Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool Advanced come up as interesting ideas due to their specials. in case you would go that way you should drop Camarilla segregation.

Masters:
Drop PB Montreal. Average capacity in your crypt is too high so you can't play it right away. first weenie deck will steal it from you before you influence out first vampire. with small amount of vampire (you plan to influence out max 3) you won't be able to get it back easily...
pretty much same apply for smiling jack... you won't be able to defend it unless you are in 3 player game without weenie deck. that would mean that it might hold place in your hand for long time or you will simply discard it.
reduce Villeins by 1. you plan to villein your vampires once and second one will be probably played on another vampire or discarded.

Actions
you biggest enemy is weenie deck but i don't see there single 'anti weenie' card. i would consider including Aranthebes. it great against weenie and still useful for -1 stealth option in case you don't need it against weenie and it' working as well against bounced bleeds.
your combat cards are not strong enough to play rush as tactics. so deep songs are quite questionable. if you want to keep some bleed/rush option it's fine but rather drop it to only 2 pieces.
consider far mastery. Warghouls would cause terrible problems for you. not mentioning bunch of nephadi mages.

Action modifiers
simple recommendation more mirror walks...

political actions
i would recommend to go to 2 parity shifts and as well add some additional anti-weenie politics like Ancilla empowerment/anarchist uprising/snipe hunt..
it's not hard to pass parity shift even without votes. you will 'sell it' for 1-2 pools cross-table and get 5 pool damage to your prey.

equipment
not sure about that .44 magnum. but it might depend on your meta. if there is too much close range combats included maneuver will be helping. other that that i see no reason to play it here.

ally
i would add Carlton Van Vyk...

reaction
increase delaying tactics to at least 2
increase eagle sight to 3-4
drop 2 murmur's and replace them with my enemy's enemy. it's bouncing on superior only as well, but providing intercept on inferior. with more various bounces you would not suffer from humiliating death once you last defending bounces get DI and you are having just another 2 murmurs in your hand... and with deck like this it's quite fair chance somebody will try to oust you backwards this way...
i would consider playing few Read the winds. it does cost blood but it's both untap and intercept together.
with 2/3 crypt being prince/justicar in deck it's quite good chance you would have one so 2-3 2nd traditions might be worth as well. once again it's providing both untap and intercept

combat
Apportation has same story as magnum. depending on you meta you might decide to keep them, but if possible rather replace them with more thefts... from play perspective both are 'preventing' you from getting hurt. gaining 2 blood and losing one will give some 'bonus' blood gain.
1 telepatic tracking is not enough to circumvent SCE definitively. most probably you will just force opposing vampire to play another SCE on second round. as well this card is not worth playing unless there are special conditions (key opposing vampire on 1-2 blood) and/or you played carrion crows in first round...
increase canine horde to at least 2. you would have huge problems to handle alastor+assault rifle decks if he got chance develop cross table far away from you blocks. you might find out that your new predator/prey is having 3 assault rifles and they are banging on your doors with included rush...

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?
Last edit: 21 Nov 2015 20:15 by Asnek.

More
22 Nov 2015 09:19 #74501 by Hakuron
Because of Lord Tremere and his untap special, it is very interesting to look out for vampires with inbuilt actions.
Mistress Fanchon and/or Malgorzata might be worth a try instead of Dr. John Dee.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds