lightbulb Library cards with strong effects on inferior level

12 Dec 2015 14:19 #74619 by Hakuron
Hello everybody,

I wonder which library cards are the strongest ones on inferior level of any discipline.
For example, "Summon History" has an awesome effect on inferior.

Of course, I am looking for input regarding Ian Forestal ... :woohoo:

Ian may play cards that require a Discipline as though he has the basic level of that Discipline.

Thanks in advance!

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2015 14:46 - 14 Dec 2015 14:50 #74632 by alek
he is probably one of the best vampires for summon history deck. Also temptation is great at inferior. And a freak drive. And if you make him anarch there is a toooon of posibilities.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2015 14:50 by alek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
16 Dec 2015 21:31 - 16 Dec 2015 21:42 #74661 by chrisn101
One of our local players occasionally plays an "Anarch Ian ". Tricksy little deck that does quite well.

If your local group play ally or reaction-card-dependant decks, Safe passage is quite effective. Doesn't cost anything, but any reaction card played cost a blood or life more. Add a Sabbat Priest or similar effect card to Ian and that could be quite a nice little combo.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2015 21:42 by chrisn101. Reason: Spelling correction

More
17 Dec 2015 07:17 #74664 by Ankha
Under the Skin is not bad too: +1 stealth with a future +1 stealth

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
18 Dec 2015 00:26 #74760 by Louhi
Ignoring very common ones like Deflection, Voter Captivation and Daring the Dawn (that are great nonetheless), a few that pop up in my head are: Tangle Atropos' Hand, Form of Corruption, Nocturn, Will-o'-the-Wisp (maybe too straightforward), Blessing of Chaos, Scalpel Tongue (sorry Ian), Touch of Clarity and False Resonance. There's loads more and it obviously depends on the archetype you want to play. Anarch do have plenty but most aren't that strong so I actually haven't considered them.

Lidingö Scourge

More
18 Dec 2015 13:01 - 18 Dec 2015 13:13 #74768 by ReverendRevolver
Army of rats and taking the skin:minion

:)

Seriously though, Typhonic beast, terror frenzy, taunt the caged beast, nose of the hound, and some cards become used slightly differently at basic, such as mind of a killer becoming just a rush enabler at basic.
Some cards, like devil channel throat work fine for its cost and gives an extra perk at superior. Sirens Lure still kind of does what you want at basic, but superior is a no-brainer if you can choose

I'm not a fan of Forestall, but I've wanted to build a Gwydd summon history deck for awhile. Forestal does plenty, but even with support, it feels like a Mata hari deck with summon history.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2015 13:13 by ReverendRevolver.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds