file New Blood - Making Blood Brothers useful?

16 Jan 2017 07:07 - 14 Feb 2017 08:54 #80200 by edrazeeba
Full disclosure, I haven't played a real game in probably a decade or more now so this is the first from-scratch deck I've built in years. I came up with the idea after watching c&e on youtube. I don't remember which episode but I think it was Adam who talks about using Nocturn Theater/Homunculus combo to tap your prey's minions during your untap phase.

It's pretty gimmicky but the basic idea is to get Danylo out as soon as possible so you can use his special to start fishing for location masters. Once you're situated and have some bloat going, you can use the Nocturn/Homunc combo plus the Misdirections/Anarch Troublemaker to tap em out, and use Walk for ousts.

EDIT: It really shows that I haven't played in years, getting basics mixed up and misreading cards... In any case, I retooled this to be less publicly embarrassing. So now it's a sort of a Bloat & Bleed variant with a trick. If I really wanted to optimize this though I think I'd take out the Homunculi all together and focus on more useful Protean combat cards and take advantage of this circles' Fortitude with some Freak Drives.

CRYPT (12)
2x New Blood
4x Danylo
2x Pavlo
2x Kyrylo
1x Gavrylo
1x Volo

LIBRARY (90)
Master (23)
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Communal Haven: Temple
1x Dummy Corporation
5x Misdirection
1x Nocturn Theater
5x Protean
1x The Parthenon
1x Therbold Realty
1x Thicker Than Blood
5x Tribute to the Master

Minion (67)
2x Carrion Coffin
2x Dual Form
5x Hive Mind
4x Loki's Gift
3x Redistribution
2x Sanguine Instruction
9x Unwholesome Bond
3x Zillah's Tears
4x Claiming the Body
4x Earth Control
2x Hay Ride
3x Shell Game
4x Walk of Cain
4x Earth Meld
5x Rapid Change
2x Helicopter
1x Local 1111
8x Homunculus
Last edit: 14 Feb 2017 08:54 by edrazeeba. Reason: I am dumb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2017 07:50 - 16 Jan 2017 07:52 #80201 by Ankha
New Blood is unique, and Nocturn Theater can be used only once during ("during X do Y") your untap phase.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Jan 2017 07:52 by Ankha.

More
16 Jan 2017 08:36 #80202 by edrazeeba
Could've sworn New Blood were not unique... wellllll crap. that's embarrassing. I guess I could still make it work with the other Kiev circle dudes.

Also. re: Nocturn Theater, so you're saying even if you untap it with House of Sorrows, you can't use Nocturn Theater again to tap another minion?

More
16 Jan 2017 08:56 #80203 by Ankha

Could've sworn New Blood were not unique... wellllll crap. that's embarrassing. I guess I could still make it work with the other Kiev circle dudes.

Also. re: Nocturn Theater, so you're saying even if you untap it with House of Sorrows, you can't use Nocturn Theater again to tap another minion?

Correct, you can't.

Name: Nocturn Theater
[KoT:R]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Master: unique location.
During your untap phase, you may tap this card and a ready vampire you control to tap a minion controlled by your prey. Any titled vampire may burn this card as a (D) action.

Wording templates

“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card. For instance, you may move blood from your vampire to your pool with Vessel only once per untap phase.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: edrazeeba

More
14 Feb 2017 09:23 #80677 by edrazeeba
Seriously thanks for clearing that up, I probably should've played a game first before trying to deck build with cards from unfamiliar editions but lesson learned.

I've edited the OP and deck list so hopefully it's not quite so painfully newbish. I took out the House of Sorrows all together since it's not really useful in this context and made a few other adjustments. It's definitely not optimal but it's legal now at least.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds