file Legendary Nosfe-G1 fights and votes.

13 Sep 2017 14:34 - 13 Sep 2017 14:38 #83535 by ReverendRevolver
So, on the topic of "any deck COULD work":

You want to keep it g1, add more combat, and still have the theme of stepping on power creep via legendary Sheldon throwing p-shifts to keep paying for valley?

Choose what's most important to you for this deck to do. I'm not going to give you the token "this deck isn't as good as the obviously better Cock Robin, deep song, cog variant" speak, because plainly that is a good core for several variants, but that's not the point.

Sheldon second trad fighty decks are ancient. Could still work, but even if revamping that, id still consider g1&2, and for sure not ignore deep song.

There's also turbo parity shift decks around. Want to spend pool like you're drunk and steal some from your prey, bribing the table with pool for some votes? There's decks for that.

Historically, votes+combat need a clear road to victory and reason to cram 2 card heavy concepts together. Red list, alastor, etc.

So, what's most important?

Combat means I'd drop your g1 restrictions for sure, opening up 2 great Nos princes and 2 princes that have OBF FOR as mentioned (and look great for second trad snake punch, but I digress....). Combat also means I'd drop/lower the legendary vampire to have room for fames, maybe tension. I'd personally run villeins and maybe vessel, as p-shifts no longer are your whole plan.
Cam seg and AoR is solid, but you'd need rush. If you like fighting, stealth becomes less essential, and swallowed by the night seems helpful, as does old friends for vote or bleed.

In the combat package, 6 slam is too much, and you aren't running taste for some reason. The fortitude package is too paranoid for a deck like this. 4/5 is plenty, as you taste back heavy on things hitting for 1-2 non agg. Also, mix SoS and SupMettle. Why? Same effect, and DI2 exists, and there's literally no drawback ever for mixing. Your crows show a lack of dedicated animalism at the current count, especially given the grapple count is on par with 90 card dedicated combat decks #of grapples. Less dedicated ani combat still love crows, I'd say 1 canine horde may be an ok one of, just in case if you lower grapples, but up to you.

So again, what focus is most important? Even a combat package of soak and disarm is good at making a point, but I see 2 different decks here. I know I spoke in the combat angle, but princes and parity shift is plainly always a strong plan too (and legendary helps...), but that deck doesn't probably run 6 slam with 0 taste and an 8 grapple press package with minimal added strength and only 4 crows. But it could certainly run combat, depending on which way the deck leans.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2017 14:38 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2017 23:39 #83537 by Boris The Blade
If you want to play combat with :pot::for: and votes, the better way is prevent-disarm-amaranth, with Swallowed by the Night for maneuvers.

More
14 Sep 2017 03:00 #83540 by brandonsantacruz
I agree with the Reverend, you have to choose an effective archetype if you want your deck to work. One way to win votes is pure beat down. You could drop legendary vampire for Haven uncovered and fame, as some more rush and taste, etc. The current strategies only work against each other.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
14 Sep 2017 08:20 - 14 Sep 2017 10:45 #83543 by Dada
Thanks for awesome answers.

I have to say, this got me into thinking that maybe prevents-disarm-amaranth really could be the way to go. Even a combat package of 30 is big.

Maybe i was just too fixated on the idea that pot-ani-for is the ultimate combat combo imo.

...but maybe i have to kill this baby of an idea. Maybe i just should play some No traces and make the deck work on the 7's principle. And make it 70cards.

In the end I feel that princes with zillahs-legendary-parity-freak-stealth is a strong archetype.

Baron of Riihimäki
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 10:45 by Dada.

• Dada
  • Dada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Neonate
  • Neonate
  • "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
More
14 Sep 2017 14:47 - 14 Sep 2017 15:50 #83544 by Dada

If you want to play combat with :pot::for: and votes, the better way is prevent-disarm-amaranth, with Swallowed by the Night for maneuvers.

The more i think of this the more i like it.
Here is a 77card deck.
4sheldon
3selma
2suhailah
2nikolaus
1chester

Master:
6zillah's valley
6legendary vampire
2specialization

Action:
4deep song/bum's rush(hard to find vampires with just the right disciplines, maybe just a regular rush is the way to go)

Political actions:
8parity shift
2archon

Action modifier:
7freak drive
4elder impersonation
4forgotten labyrinth
4shadow boxing(this is silly)
5swallowed by the night

Combat:
7hidden strenght
7disarm
7amaranth

Also:
4ritual of bitter rose/ 4th tradition not sure which suits this better.

Baron of Riihimäki
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 15:50 by Dada.

• Dada
  • Dada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Neonate
  • Neonate
  • "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds