file My 1st Deck (Having Never Played VTES)

20 Mar 2018 18:14 #85915 by Blooded Sand

I did list this deck out a bit ago that I haven't built yet called "leave a flaming crater"

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=26665

You appropriated a name there matey. The classic flaming crater is this:
85xIncreased strength
1xBurning Wrath
3xFake out
1xImmortal Grapple

One single combat, one single hit, but damn that is a big crater. Kinda explains the weakness of the archetype quite accurately as well

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 08:25 #85922 by Lönkka

One single combat, one single hit, but damn that is a big crater. Kinda explains the weakness of the archetype quite accurately as well

Especially when this is still very vulnerable to opponent just playing Skin of Steel...

Pay one to prevent all. :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 Mar 2018 08:08 #85942 by LivesByProxy
So this is my 2nd attempt:

Deck Name: !Nos - Dieudonne Goes Slumming w/Nails (Or, Who Needs Guns?)
Author: LivesByProxy
Description:
This deck is probably still terrible, but I've always been fond of the Gangrel and Nosferatu, and the !Nos are underdogs, so I like them for that reason. The strategy is to bleed / oust with Spying Missions and Army of Rats. I've also opted for something like the Celerity Guns but with Quick Meld for Maneuvers, and Thrown Sewer Lid for Strikes. So Bleed for 1 and if they don't block, use Spying Mission, and if they do block, throw 2x Sewer Lids at their face before going in for punches. "But what about For damage prevention or S:CE or Dodge?" Well... I'm going to hope to intuition and timing and reading my prey help me avoid those. I've got some recursion and pool gain with the Ashur Tablets, and some vote protection with my few titled vamps... not that it's much.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=9 avg=7.571429)
==================
2x Henry Taylor 6 cel pre pro POT Brujah antitribu:3
2x Icarus, The Manchurian 7 ani for pro OBF POT Nosferatu antitribu:4
2x Mateusz Gryzbowsky 8 ANI OBF POT Nosferatu antitribu:3
2x Nails 5 ani obf pro POT Nosferatu antitribu:4
1x Baron Dieudonne 9 ANI OBF POT PRO Nosferatu:4
1x Black Annis 9 ani pro OBF POT Nosferatu antitribu:4
2x Aeron 9 aus pro ANI OBF POT Nosferatu antitribu:3

Library: 90 cards

Master (18 cards)
==================
2x Information Network
2x Nosferatu Kingdom
9x Ashur Tablets
2x Powerbase: Montreal
3x Blood Doll

Action (3 cards)
==================
3x Army of Rats

Action Modifier (11 cards)
==================
11x Spying Mission

Combat (39 cards)
==================
6x Growing Fury
10x Quick Meld
7x Target Vitals
4x Taste of Vitae
12x Thrown Sewer Lid

Reaction (19 cards)
==================
3x Eyes of the Beast
5x Forced Awakening
11x Instinctive Reaction

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
22 Mar 2018 08:35 #85943 by Blooded Sand
11 spying missions, 4 minions with OBF that actually make it worth it
Toss ALL the spying missions, make em deep songs instead
Also, wtf is henry taylor doing in there?

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Mar 2018 08:42 - 22 Mar 2018 08:45 #85944 by Bloodartist
Uhm, not sure about this plan. Is your intention using spying mission for +bleed or just for stealth? You do know you cannot play same action modifier twice for the same action, right? So you cannot stealth with inf. spying mission and then play superior spying mission when bleed would be succesful. This is illegal. Because of this you definitely want a more varied stealth package.

You would probably benefit more from bleeding with Deep song(or computer hacking) +1 bleed and using a more versatile stealth package. Deep songs unfortunately cost a bit money and you would want a large pile of them, but they are sooooo good, also giving the option of rushing vampires.

Stealth package: Lost in crowds, swallowed by the night (for the maneuver), spying mission, elder impersonation.

Army of rats are good.

Combat is.... :) It can work, but since you basically require a combo of cards in your hand for it to do anything, its not the best. I'd go for thrown gate and aim vitals and settle on one round of combat (since your main goal is just bleeding, combat is supportive. Also you have nothing against combat ends)

You can also go for animalism combat, which is a staple in VTES. Carrion crows, a large pile of aid from bats. I had a inferior animalism weenie deck in which large number of minions bled with deep song and if they got blocked, hit opponents vitals with bats.

ps. btw. In your 1st attempt deck, many of your vampires actually had protean, so you could've gone for immortal grapple + claws of the dead to counter act combat ends and hit aggro.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Mar 2018 08:45 by Bloodartist.

More
22 Mar 2018 09:13 #85946 by LivesByProxy
There are 5 minions with OBF, and I did have the Master Obfuscate in here but I took it out. Henry Taylor was a hold over because I can't make up my mind about what I want to do. :(

I want the !Nos to work, but I also want it to be a combat deck, because combat decks are 'bad'. I'm not sure which direction I should go though: Immortal Grapple + strength / damage boosters + agg damage, or long range Thrown Sewer Lids combat, or some sort of melee weapon equipment shenanigans. :(

Is there a reason combat decks don't have better means to oust? I wouldn't want every discipline or clan get get a "conditioning" card, but there's Fame, Dragonbound, and Tension In The Ranks or Camera Phones / Laptop Computers. The !Nos also have Inside Dirt, which is really cool, but it seems like it requires a different kind of deck (not a combat deck). I'm also torn as to whether or not I should be an intercept wall combat deck, or a rush combat deck (with cards like Deep Song.)

I also hate the Grouping rule. :(

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds