file Just starting out

13 Jul 2018 23:13 #88827 by Lasombrujah86
Hi, I may be jumping off the deep end here but... I've dabbled in Vtes maybe playing 3 5-man games. You might say I've become hooked, a friend of mine has a lot of cards and let me pilfer his stash to build a deck. I know it isn't competitive worthy but if all of y'all see some glaring holes that need to be filled please let me know what they are and how I can plug them appropriately. Please and thank you!

File Attachment:

File Name: TheFoolofH...hpBB.txt
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 23:51 #88828 by 1uck
Replied by 1uck on topic Just starting out
There's not enough wake up cards and too many other reaction cards. You combat could really use some consolidating, it got a bit of everything and will be unreliable.

Take a look at other Tremere decks to see how the distribution and priority is spread out. Here's a good example:
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=505

More
14 Jul 2018 04:48 #88833 by Molloy
Replied by Molloy on topic Just starting out
I don't mind that your combat is a bit all-over-the-place, that's a good way to get a feel for what works, but I'd get rid of some of the second round only cards -- like maybe lose Drain Essence and Eldritch Glimmer -- because you can't always get to the second round, and Drain Essence isn't enough better than Theft of Vitae to justify it.

Also the reaction package should be trimmed. Six Eagle's Sight is too many, and you don't need the Telepathic Counters since you have Deflection and Telepathic Misdirection. Add a few more wakes.

Finally, I don't think you'd regret having a few Bonding or Conditioning, and more Govern the Unaligned is better than fewer.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lasombrujah86

More
30 Jul 2018 20:07 - 30 Jul 2018 20:09 #89466 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Just starting out
I second the posters above. You need to increase the number of "On the Qui vive" and "wake with evening's freshness" a LOT. There should be 1-2 more of them than you have bleed bounce cards.

Fast reaction and minor irritation are quite poor in my opinion. You have loads of bleed bounce (10), meaning you will likely not need "telepathic counter" either. There is probably a bit too many of these even, considering your deck also has lots of combat and intercept. In any case you want more wakes/untaps.

You could also try to thin the deck down to 80 cards, until you get the card ratios right.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 30 Jul 2018 20:09 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds