file Blood Brothers in 2018

26 Jul 2018 16:50 #89369 by Izathelios
All,

I'm a returning player that never really played seriously or had a massive collection. I saw that the game was back in print, picked up Lost Kindred and the Heirs to the Blood bundle(s) and have remembered why I enjoyed the game in the first place.

With the new Black Chantry cards, I find I have a lot of Blood Brothers cards and they seem like a very "fun" clan as Sanguinus seems like a flexible and fun discipline, but...I looked through the TWDA and decks featuring blood brothers other than New Blood are few, far between, and largely very old.

Any thoughts on what a modern Blood Brothers deck might look like? Would I need to go about acquiring a ton of the old Bloodlines cards or is most of what I need in Lost Kindred or Heirs to the Blood? Is there any value in Viccissitude that the new Lost Kindred Blood Brothers have? (Vicc seems like a really bad discipline to me)

Thanks in advance and I'm really glad to see this game back among the land of the living in terms of access to purchasable cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2018 17:57 #89375 by brandonsantacruz
Hi,
I think that the new blood brothers have some great special abilities and low enough capacity to get some mileage out of. vic/VIC is good for stealth, bleed, or combat primarily. Depending on the direction you want to go, you could just add Changeling to the usual Walk of Caine + Shell Game combo to land big bleeds. Plasmic Form is not bad for stealth and combat defense, either. There are some other tricks you can do with vic, but I'll keep what I have in mind secret until I have a chance to roll it out on Lackey ;)

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
26 Jul 2018 18:25 #89377 by 1uck
Replied by 1uck on topic Blood Brothers in 2018

There are some other tricks you can do with vic, but I'll keep what I have in mind secret until I have a chance to roll it out on Lackey ;)

If what you have in mind is Bauble with Assault Rifle and Clockwerx, let me know how it goes because I can't get it to work :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
26 Jul 2018 19:24 #89380 by ReverendRevolver
I couldn't get bauble to flow right.

When I made "starter decks" for LK, the blood brothers used 2 of each vamp +new blood, then used clockwerx, octopod, and then corpse balloon, abbot, and some Sabbat and vic toys along with BB fun stuff. It was a rush-capable wall-capable combat deck that wasn't ground breaking but was ok. Changeling, chiropteran marauder, and breath of the dragon all helped. It used desert eagles and 44s.

Unlike Kiev circle, you weren't building towards just one huge bleed, so it became a call between tooling up and rushing.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds