file Mordechai Raptors & Inevitability

10 Sep 2018 02:31 #90512 by Molloy
I know the deck below is not great, but do you think something similar could be?

Deck Name: Inevitability of the Raptors
Author: Molloy
Description: Pack Alpha Raptors fill your preys ash heap, Inevitability of the Void cashes in on it

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=3 max=8 avg=5.714286)
==================
4x Mordechai Ben-Nun 8 ANI AUS FOR NEC Harbinger of Skulls:5
1x Nicomedes 5 aus for nec vic Harbinger of Skulls:4
2x Babalawo Alafin 7 ani AUS FOR NEC Harbinger of Skulls:4
1x Solomon Batanea 5 nec AUS FOR Harbinger of Skulls:4
1x Zygodat 6 pot AUS NEC Harbinger of Skulls:4
1x Hecate 6 AUS FOR NEC Harbinger of Skulls:5
2x Beatrice ''Oracle171'' Tremblay3 inn ven Innocent:4

Library: 70 cards

Master (13 cards)
==================
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Giant's Blood
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
2x Life in the City
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Blessed Resilience
1x Coven, The

Action (9 cards)
==================
3x Disciple of Lazarus
6x Deep Song

Action Modifier (9 cards)
==================
5x Inevitability of the Void
2x Acheron Vortex
2x Call of the Hungry Dead

Conviction (3 cards)
==================
1x React with Conviction
1x Second Sight
1x Strike with Conviction

Combat (16 cards)
==================
7x Pack Alpha
2x Soak
5x Spiritual Intervention
2x Carrion Crows

Retainer (9 cards)
==================
7x Raptor
2x Vengeful Spirit

Equipment (1 cards)
==================
1x Shaal Fragment

Reaction (10 cards)
==================
3x Eyes of Argus
1x On the Qui Vive
2x Read the Winds
4x Telepathic Misdirection

amaranth.vtes.co.nz/#deck/ce7b21c8-f0c0-4d6c-bcc0-a2cbf15637e7

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2018 17:14 - 11 Sep 2018 17:22 #90554 by ReverendRevolver
I ran a Mordechai deck in the NAC shadow twin 2010 in New Orleans, if memory serves right. It underwent lots of changes, but basically the issue was support cast being limited in utility. Nicomedes is quite useful, but having to rely on 2 laibon at the time meant Abbots weren't always attached, only Mordechai having:ANI: was an issue as well. I essentially found that an :aus: :for: wall that used :ANI: is great, because eyes of argus, sense the savage way, deep song, and crows are all great cards, and the deck worked well nominally because standing intercept is good. I ran Raptor as an afterthought, because controlling the board via permacept and Eagles Sight frankly did more than the limited discarding did.

To answer your question: abso-freaking-lutely, but it can go several ways now.
While my plans for the basic style of multiact fighty wall will not be with Mordechai (Inyanga is better for what I wanted) he can still go Sabbat or anarch(dont underestimate field training) and Legionnaires are the most solid and efficient cars HoS have probably ever gotten.

You want to run Mordechai wall with Raptors, decide on Sabbat or Anarch, use Legionnaires, and decide your level of commitment to :ANI: (read the winds DNR clause made me keep cutting back, since he stands on intercept and can use eyes and stsw)
Your combat isn't what I'd run. If your gonna Crows, you could trap and blight, or more efficiently Indomitability/Hidden Strength(I like lessons in the steel sometimes). I stopped using much Soak without dead hookers (reanimated corpse). More specifically, if you SCE, no reason to run anything but PA and that. PA should be lower, like 4 ish, and fight like a stickman deck to win the attrition game. Blight, vengeful spirit, trap are pretty funny.

But Anarch :aus: :for: vigil theoretically works fine to keep blocking and s:ce after pulling out a bird. Border skirmishes and constant revolution feed inevitability of the void. I feel your concept benefits more from other stuff to burn cards from preys resources than it does the support group of vamps and tablets. Hectate fits, slaughterhouse, maabra, you get the idea.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 17:22 by ReverendRevolver.

More
11 Sep 2018 18:10 #90560 by Kraus
I tried this in the spring before new HoS cards as Anarch and with Constant Revolution. It was so, so bad and the tables just always timed out.

But its a fun idea that could be further experimented on. I'll see if i'll write more on it once i get on a keyboard.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds