file Aggressive Voting - Tzimisce

14 Sep 2018 22:25 #90617 by AceFranklin
I had the idea for a different deck to work in a Quick Jab + Agro combo and that deck didn't work as well as I'd have liked but I still think its a good combo that can work. Perhaps not tournament competitive but fun if nothing else. Trying to figure out a winning strategy to pair with it I settled on a Tzimisce vote deck somewhat in the same vein as a Brujah Bruise Vote deck.

The ousting strategy is votes to oust and instead of worrying about stealth to get votes through I'd allow them to block and put them down. Make them so afraid to block I'm able to pass my votes with titles and Telepathic Vote Counting. Now I know the combat will not work against all decks but that I feel is true with any deck and I'm really not even trying to go to combat. If I can pass votes unimpeded then that's the goal.

My strategy to survive my predator is bounce and blocking and sending them to torpor if necessary.

I feel the deck has potential but I'm worried about the ratios. I'm afraid I'll either jam on vote actions because of the large crypt I'll only have a few vampires out during the average game. Giving myself only an action or two a turn unless I get Mylan out. Or alternatively I'll have nothing but combat and have no votes to threaten an oust. Maybe I can get some help with that here?

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=11 avg=8.75)
==================
1x Sha-Ennu VIS CHI AUS ANI tha obf Tzimisce:11
2x Terrifisto VIS FOR AUS ANI obt cel Tzimisce: 10
2x John Paleologus VIS CEL AUS ANI pot Tzimisce: 9
3x Velya, The Flayer VIS PRE AUS ANI fort Tzimisce: 9
1x Radu Bistri DOM AUS vis pre ani Tzimisce: 8
2x Lady Zara Slatikov VIS OBF AUS ANI Tzimisce: 8
1x Elizabeth Westcott AUS vis cel ani Tzimisce: 5

Library: 90 cards

Master (16 cards)
==================
5x Villein
2x Vessel
2x Information Highway
1x The Rack
1x Pentex Subversion
1x Rotschreck
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giants Blood
1x Direct Intervention
1x Powerbase: Madrid

Votes (17 cards)
==================
11x Kine Resources Contested
1x Perpetual Care
1x Investiture
1x Cardinal Benediction
1x Year of Fortune
1x Political Stranlehold
1x Reins of Power

Action Modifier (8 cards)
==================
1x Private Audience
1x Cryptic Rider
6x Telepathic Vote Counting

Combat (24 cards)
==================
4x Carrion Crows
8x Quick Jabs
12x Chiropteran Marauder

Retainer (1 card)
==================
1x Owl Companion

Equipment (1 card)
==================
1x Kevlar Vest

Ally (1 card)
==================
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Reaction (22 cards)
==================
8x Eyes of Argus
6x Telepathic Misdirection
4x Precognition
4x Enhanced Senses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2018 23:14 #90618 by Klaital
I have a Tzimisce vote deck with somewhat similar idea (without the quick jabs though as I prefer to focus on more defensive combat), I can give you my decklist if you want to compare. One thing though is that if you want to make a Tzimisce vote deck (or really any deck only using their in-clan discplines) you are always best off with group 2-3, because group 2 tzimisce are so good. Also why only one private audience? Its so much better in average table than telepathic vote counting. Finally, You really want to use Mind of the Wilds with your strategy, that REALLY scares people from blocking you.

More
15 Sep 2018 23:27 - 15 Sep 2018 23:29 #90627 by Bloodartist
You might want to go for breath of the dragon + rotschreck instead of quick jab + chiropteran marauder. But I understand if its a case of card availability.

If you are a voting deck, you might also want to consider one-two amaranths to go along with the aggro package.

Under siege is an option I would also play 2-3 copies of, when you got titled sabbat vampires.

I am not sure if lady zara is good enough unless you go heavy on the wall aspect. She costs 8 and has only one vote. She would be good if you want to make a wall-deck out of tzimisce (good disciplines and can play under siege), but in a vote deck Im not so sure. Maybe change her into something smaller without title, but with superior auspex still for bouncing.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 15 Sep 2018 23:29 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJHedgehog

More
16 Sep 2018 00:02 #90628 by ReverendRevolver
Slatikov would make sense in a vote deck emphasizing animal magnetism, but what you're describing needs more efficiency than that.
Velya has 3vote title, :PRE: , and if you wanted to use it, fortitude to multiact.
That one archbishop of Detroit also has fortitude, and the Rose has :PRE: . All have :VIC: . The mentioned breath of the dragon+Rotschreck is good, but frankly I've seen agg poke+quick jab fail too frequently to reccomend in good conscience .
There are plenty of g4/5 :VIC: vamps other than Tzimisce also (Unmada, mistress franchoin, at least 1 magagi, Malgrozatta...) who have titles.

I reccomend using the best possible components of each side of an idea when aiming for 2 concept in a deck. You are after Tzimisce vote and agg capabilities. Well, marauder and breath o' dragon are easy agg, focus on the part where you're a vote deck. Awe and voter cap are great. Also, youre Tzimisce, so can utilize sabbat and Ani stuff to be defensive. Your agg plan goes with it, because if you can dunk my Jaoquin with 2R agg, my actions are going to be t llllmkkk reserved for when you cant Rotschreck me, or DI2 my dodge, etc.

You can get a pretty solid Vote deck that shoots agg or pokes it, if you change up crypt and some of library.

More
17 Sep 2018 15:59 #90652 by AceFranklin
Im looking into redoing the crypt. I can build almost any crypt and I agree that Slaitkov isn't ideal.

I don't mind the marauder and breath combo and I'll explore that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

More
20 Sep 2018 06:24 #90681 by Bloodartist
Yea, looking back at this seems like I didn't read the premise of the deck idea well enough. Breath + rotschreck is quite good (since it trumps most combat ends).... if you block. You cannot play an out-of-turn master during your own turn so it doesn't work if you are the acting vampire. And seems like that was your intention, punish opponent that blocks your actions. :unsure:

Ok in that case chiropteran marauder is probably better. Keep in mind though that ally hordes seem to be trending at the moment because of the introduction of emerald legionnaire in Lost Kindred. Aggro damage is nice, but doesn't do anything special to allies. How would you fare if your prey had loads of str 2 allies (that come back if they die) and unmasking?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds