file 2014 Anniversary Storyline – “The Returned”

08 Apr 2014 05:15 #60755 by Timo

Quibble about the card wording: "Cards that require Thaumaturgy cost him 1 less blood." Normally the name of the vampire is spelled out and the subject pronoun is avoided.

Because if it read "Cards that require Thaumaturgy cost Tremere 1 less blood", it could be interpreted as enabling all Tremere vampires to pay 1 less blood for any Thaumaturgy card they played.

Good point ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 08:36 #60801 by Brum
Although I'm sure you guys have your list done and finished, I have a list of vamps I would love to see in cards:

-Mithras
-Montano
-Baba Yaga
-Milov Petrenkov (can't understand how this guy didn't make it to KoT)
-Camilla Baines (again, one of the Founders we are missing)
-(insert known Inconnu here)
-Japhet / Lazarus / The Capuchin
-Arika ADV as Ishtar or Zillah (why not?)

When talking about 3rd gens, there's still Absimiliard, Ishtar, Enoia, HAKIM, Malkav, Lasombra and Tzimisce.

More
09 Apr 2014 12:15 #60808 by ReverendRevolver

Although I'm sure you guys have your list done and finished, I have a list of vamps I would love to see in cards:

-Mithras
-Montano
-Baba Yaga
-Milov Petrenkov (can't understand how this guy didn't make it to KoT)
-Camilla Baines (again, one of the Founders we are missing)
-(insert known Inconnu here)
-Japhet / Lazarus / The Capuchin
-Arika ADV as Ishtar or Zillah (why not?)

When talking about 3rd gens, there's still Absimiliard, Ishtar, Enoia, HAKIM, Malkav, Lasombra and Tzimisce.

Not quite actual antideluvians, being like 4th gen or old as hell 5th are more reasonable 11 caps, more doable as believable vamps. Augustus duped Cappadoccious (mostly) and Tremere ate Saulot (albeit most likely as Saulots plan) Triole is the usurper of the Brujah line, so shes valid. Absimilliard is too anciemt, and the Nictuku his slaves who wont sire. But Baba Yaga is where most Nosferatu came from, so its legit that she wpuld be a card(she did fight against durga syn, and lose, so its reasonable) some 11 caps are ambiguous, Eleimelech is almost antideluvian aged, for ismtance. Fakir is in Dark Ages vamp the founder of the "laibon" bloodline, nicely adapted to the gangrel starter of Akunanse.

Remember that age, generation, and power level decide canon to vtes stuff. Some of the anciemt and ominous Malkavians have been done, such as Unmada(who brought them into cam) and Tryphosa(two of the ones who pulled the switch dem to dom ritual off) bit the other anciemt malks im that ritual could be cards(ive designed them but never posted) such as the Dionysian amd Malk Content.

So, we have plenty of de facto type clan founders, or begginings of the line, who arent third gen progwny of zillah, irad, or enoch. The actual third gen antideluvians may be just impractical to make into cards, save for Saulot and his wierdness with making vamp mages and having another body.

Plenty of ancient crazyness to use, or make actual cards later for that matter.

Some names evade me, but Raphael is an 11 cap, and has a poweflrful sire who manipulates him. Hardestadt is in fact the younger Hardestadt. At the same time, Nahum is direct progeny of saulot in his regular form, Serena the white of Samiel, so cap isnt always mandating numbers from generation. The demdemeh is directly progeny of Tzimitsce, but Tzimitsce would be too powerful for an 11 cap.

Basically, powerful methuselahs are what the cards make sense as, not caines grandprogeny antideluvians, but the next step down probably work ok as 11 caps.

More
09 Apr 2014 13:17 #60810 by Jeff Kuta

Quibble about the card wording: "Cards that require Thaumaturgy cost him 1 less blood." Normally the name of the vampire is spelled out and the subject pronoun is avoided.

Because if it read "Cards that require Thaumaturgy cost Tremere 1 less blood", it could be interpreted as enabling all Tremere vampires to pay 1 less blood for any Thaumaturgy card they played.

If the symbol for Clan Tremere was omitted after his proper name, then there wouldn't be any confusion, particularly since his second special relates to "Tremere :trem: and Tremere antitribu !trem!".

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
09 Apr 2014 19:21 - 09 Apr 2014 19:22 #60822 by Klaital

Yes in terms of the timeline of the V:TM RPG in Transylvanian Chronicles Part IV there an episode where Etrius gathers the PCs to help him steal Goratrix's body for Tremere to escape into.

You could consider the Tremere crypt card to represent a final transformation of the magus in the body he stole. The card could also be considered to represent him earlier in the timeline (or in a different timeline) in control of his own, original body.

There is some precedent both in the way Augustus Giovanni has already been VTES-ified, and in the way other elements of VTES have diverged (or contradicted) the RPG. Like Augustus, Tremere is not a true Antediluvian, but an imposter.

Yes, which is why only Saulot can be a crypt card of all real antideluvians.

Well, except Triole, who could also be a crypt card i suppose.
But, usurpers aside, the storylines concept is quite interesting.

We are, technically, the last vestige of the WoD canon, continued through gehenna stuff not being the end.

We fan fish Karsh from the ocean, wake up ancients, etc. Because we are whats left.

You forgot Sutekh who is also a crypt card and is supposedly an antediluvian, unless the card Sutekh is some impersonator of course. The two I would expect to see among the list of mythic vampires are Baba Yaga and Vlad Tepes.

On a side note, man Tremere is ugly, would think from the picture that he is a nosferatu. :p
Last edit: 09 Apr 2014 19:22 by Klaital.

More
10 Apr 2014 05:40 #60832 by Lönkka

On a side note, man Tremere is ugly, would think from the picture that he is a nosferatu. :p

Beauty is on the eye of the beholder.

Besides everyone can't be as handsome as you...

I thought the picture was rather fitting; almost a ratlike creep (with some added Himmler-vibe) who probably has spend countless years hunched among musty old tomes.

The nossieness probably comes from the ratlike frontal fangs.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds