file TWD + Report: Finnish ECQ (Ropecon 2012)

03 Sep 2012 12:37 #35828 by Ankha
1/ The final had no time limit?
2/ From what I read, Otso was heavily involved in Aleksi being oust. Yseult and Delilah can't block Huitzilopotchli and Arika which is a big problem. To make things worse, Otso sends Yseult to torpor, and when she comes back and break her pentex, François Villon steals her remaining blood. No wonder Randal makes his VP and becomes unstoppable. What was the idea behind ousting Aleksi?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2012 12:42 - 03 Sep 2012 12:43 #35830 by Xaddam
A Daughter deck can't not be super-aggressive, so Aleksi would have to be super-aggressive. Otso plays a combat deck so he cannot take any pool damage, especially if he has no second traditions on his hand. So Otso has to rush Aleksi in order to win, no matter if it helps Randal. The worst seating possible for a rush deck will always be to have an aggressive predator as well as an aggressive grandpredator. Seeing how all four decks except Otso's were aggressive decks, Otso had really poor chances to win this game no matter what he did.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 12:43 by Xaddam.

More
03 Sep 2012 13:00 - 03 Sep 2012 13:01 #35831 by Pascal Bertrand

2/ From what I read, Otso was heavily involved in Aleksi being oust. Yseult and Delilah can't block Huitzilopotchli and Arika which is a big problem. To make things worse, Otso sends Yseult to torpor, and when she comes back and break her pentex, François Villon steals her remaining blood. No wonder Randal makes his VP and becomes unstoppable. What was the idea behind ousting Aleksi?

The final round was played in Dipoli, since TF was closing for the night at 3am latest. Play started at 1:10 am and ended at 2:21 am.

Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 13:01 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
03 Sep 2012 13:17 - 03 Sep 2012 13:17 #35832 by Ankha

The final round was played in Dipoli, since TF was closing for the night at 3am latest. Play started at 1:10 am and ended at 2:21 am.

Ok, I was confused by

Tomi is ousted (@2:21)

Relative time since the start of the game would be easier to understand. :)

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 13:17 by Ankha.

More
03 Sep 2012 13:21 #35833 by Ankha

A Daughter deck can't not be super-aggressive, so Aleksi would have to be super-aggressive. Otso plays a combat deck so he cannot take any pool damage, especially if he has no second traditions on his hand. So Otso has to rush Aleksi in order to win, no matter if it helps Randal. The worst seating possible for a rush deck will always be to have an aggressive predator as well as an aggressive grandpredator. Seeing how all four decks except Otso's were aggressive decks, Otso had really poor chances to win this game no matter what he did.

I would agree if the DoC deck was a bleed deck, but it's clearly a vote deck. How did Otso know the first vote called was for him, not Aleksi's predator (because when you play DoC and you have an Inner Circle bleeding, you usually try to backoust him before he gets you)? Was there any kind of deal?

Prince of Paris, France

More
03 Sep 2012 14:26 #35837 by Otso
The way I see it, I didn't actually do all that much to oust Aleksi. I stole some blood and blocked him torporizing his vampire(s) alright, but I believe that it didn't really contribute to the speed with which he got ousted, as it didn't alter his pool total. Yseult's and Delilah's specials weren't really relevant, as any attempt to block would just help Randall with his card flow anyways.

I didn't rush Aleksi, and I certainly didn't want him to die. I just wanted to deny him his actions, as, IMHO, there were no actions he could take that would benefit the both of us. The only way for him to gain pool and stay longer in the game would be to voter cap after a damaging vote, and that was out of the question for me, barring, of course, voting backwards. And for Aleksi, backousting Randall would just give him a lot more difficult predator.

I wanted to sit in front of Aleksi to get an initial predator who couldn't hurt me so that I could get my game going. I was actually quite happy with the seating and I didn't mind having aggressive pool damage decks around me. I still think, that had Anson just showed up, the position would have been quite advantageous for me.

As far as the first KRC is considered, I was eager to block him to Infernal Pursuit into concealed/magnum and draw into some good masters for my turn. Had Aleksi indicated that he wanted to call it backwards as he announced the action, I might have chosen not to block, but that was not the case.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds