file [EC 2012] EC Day2 turn-per-turn report

29 Oct 2012 16:57 - 29 Oct 2012 16:58 #39967 by extrala
Scanning is possibility, but I don't have access to a scanner atm. It might be possible to make a photo shot of each of them.

The biggest problem atm is that the decklists (for the non-finalists) are mixed up to some degree, that is unless the deck author explicit has written the event name on the decklist, I cannot say for sure to which tournament the decklist belongs.

I have just started to look into the decklists, and it might take me some time to sort through them.

But the thread is bit derailed from its original topic ...
Last edit: 29 Oct 2012 16:58 by extrala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 08:56 - 30 Oct 2012 08:57 #39992 by izi
Isak played for 1 vp and a timeout instead of trying to get the 2nd vp - that eliminated even a small chance for me to get a vp. I asked Isak several times to kindly speed up the gameplay also asked to prepare cards for the ashurs. Both had no effect.

Because of this I told Benoit that if hes got vote cards in his hand I would be in favor of damaging me and his prey - so he can kill both us and win the finals (a tabletalk forcing Isak to perhaps play a different game). Benoit supposedly havent heard that and decided to just bleed out his prey.

I played my turn normally - Pierre wrote in the script that I had no time to transfer out - that was not corret - I had too much pool.

Anyway all the transfer out thing was strongly connected with table talk - I have no idea what I would do if I actually had a chance to do that. I more or less expected that it wont come to that :)

-Thomas the finalist
Last edit: 30 Oct 2012 08:57 by izi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, dude_PL, Xaddam, Randy, Hakuron

More
30 Oct 2012 10:11 #39993 by Xaddam

Isak played for 1 vp and a timeout instead of trying to get the 2nd vp

I actually think it looked like he tried to take his second vp. He left some blood on Lutz with Villein and he let you remove the pentex, both of which would indicate he would try to be aggressive. Also he bled Benoit, which Benoit bounced and made it easier for him to oust David. But he had no incentive to hurry, of course, since he was winning by time-out.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
30 Oct 2012 16:31 - 30 Oct 2012 16:33 #40020 by Izaak

Isak played for 1 vp and a timeout instead of trying to get the 2nd vp

I wasn't there so I have no judgement whatsoever on this, but if he was doing so then it is not his fault. He plays to win the finals, which means that if he gets the timeout, he wins.

You can feel it's lame or whatever, but the fault of the flawed tournament system (given the current meta and available cardpool) that promotes play like this. See the fairly massive thread on this topic elsewhere.

Also, if it is indeed the case (as you claim) that he was repeatedly asked to speed up his play and failed to do so, it is an error made by the judge and not by Isak. As much as I hate Girls decks and timeouts in general, you do what you have to do on EC day 2. Isak picked the right deck for the meta (a deck that would have been utterly crushed on last year's Day 2), made it to the finals and played it to win it. And succeeded.

Me, I'm just happy a namesake took the title :)
Last edit: 30 Oct 2012 16:33 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Dorrinal

More
30 Oct 2012 16:48 #40021 by Stone

I played my turn normally - Pierre wrote in the script that I had no time to transfer out - that was not corret - I had too much pool.

yeah, Floppy posted the transcript before I could get a chance to proof read it. he assumed correctly it would take too much time with all the usual fatigue following such an event.
Anyway I meant you didnt have the time to xfer out in the sense it would have taken more than one turn. but your phrasing is the proper one of course.
congrats anyway to Isak, all the finalists and many thanks to the organizers who devoted a lot of time and efforts to make this great event !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xaddam, Tomas

More
30 Oct 2012 18:44 - 31 Oct 2012 18:03 #40034 by mumra

IMO the most critical points in the game:

Isak: Turn 1 Zillah's, Turn 2 Information Highway
David: Turn 6 immediately broke his deal with Tiago to rush backwards

I disagree. :)
1. Girls is designed to do this, then Isak had apparently some trouble to find another vampire to play with Cybele so it did not came out that fast (I suppose he was seeking for an IC with political power rather than the "bouncing" Aksynia who'd have been useless in this game)

2. rushing back would have only resulted in the destruction of an embrace. useless.

If Tiago hadn't spoil 3 2nd trad 2 OtQV and at least 3 use of channel 10 on me, I think he would have controled the girls deck quite easily and put me in a difficult situation: Blocking at +2 cept, or/and deflecting on me with his 7/8 cap immune to Approx. (rather than Mustapha ;) )
"Decisions, Decisions"...

To me, the critical point of the game was just after Isak took his VP (1h30) -which was obvious to me.
The "negociations" between Tomas and I could have done a huge change.
We had the vote lock, I had the damage to oust David and Isaak in 2 turns max and give us a fair duel of 25 minutes(I couldn't move on Tomas and his heavy wall deck but Tomas had very little ousting power).
Unfortunately Tomas did not realize it was our one and ONLY chance and I might not have played the right vote first nor chosen the right words to seal a win/win deal.
I officialy apologize to Tomas for having lost my temper and said a bad word to him. :blush: :)
We did not know each other and yet had to fully trust the other, difficult task indeed.

Congratulations to Isak, he played with awesome tactic.
He dealt with the clock with subtlety, making his VP in the right moment so the table had very little time to react and build a plan. The fact that he kills the clock with tablets/liquidation is part of the game and is completely legal. He did it fairly and deserve his victory IMHO.
See you next year in Stockholm :D
Last edit: 31 Oct 2012 18:03 by mumra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, extrala, Myrdin, Xaddam, Randy, Hakuron, Tomas, derjudge

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds