3x Kine Resources Contested
2x Public Vilification
1x Reins of Power

Reaction [10]
3x Deflection
7x Obedience

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha, Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2013 21:09 #57631 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: TWD: Glöggturnering

4x Giant's Blood

Awesome abuse of Angelica's special! :woohoo:

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
12 Dec 2013 02:14 #57674 by brandonsantacruz
I can't wait to read the blog post for this, I'll go look for it here:

lordoftheclog.blogspot.com/

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
12 Dec 2013 11:16 #57686 by Stefan
Replied by Stefan on topic Re: TWD: Glöggturnering

I can't wait to read the blog post for this, I'll go look for it here:

lordoftheclog.blogspot.com/

Please don't. I am having a break from writing reports, they take much time and my attention away from simply playing and enjoying the game right now. Most likely I will start reporting again in the future but not right now.
Feel free to ask questions though and I'll do my best and answer them.

More
12 Dec 2013 18:48 #57697 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: TWD: Glöggturnering

Feel free to ask questions though and I'll do my best and answer them.

What kind of decks did you suppose to be around [= metagame], what kind of decks DID show up, and how was your worst and your best table like?
B-)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
12 Dec 2013 19:40 #57700 by Stefan
Replied by Stefan on topic Re: TWD: Glöggturnering

What kind of decks did you suppose to be around [= metagame], what kind of decks DID show up, and how was your worst and your best table like?
B-)

I supposed to face a meta with a couple of big cap vote/bleed decks, some grinders, some mid cap bleed and the occasional combat deck here and there. I was hoping for no pure block decks and I was pretty lucky there.

My tables looked like this (the starting order I don't recall so I just put myself first in every game):

Round 1
Me -> Daniel Teige (Girls will find) -> Randal Rudstam (!Toreador breed bleed with Dem (new crypt)) -> Alex Båskman (!Ventrue Grinder)
Alex was ousted first and then I shifted cooperating with Daniel or Randal but in the end I had to let Randal get ousted and Daniel was too strong in the heads-up
Daniel GW3
Randal 1

Round 2
Me -> Tomas Wallmur (Lasombra Black Hand) -> Alex Båskman -> Daniel Wiberg (War Ghouls) -> Sara Karlsson (Malk/!Malk toolbox)
I ousted Tomas who had a bad start. Alex and Sara blocked all attempts from Daniel to recruit a War Ghoul until I was harsh at our new player Sara (who is also my sister) and forbid her to transfer after she accidentally discarded first. That made her not get an untapped blocker to play and he finally got a ghoul and that would be my greatest problem during the game. What goes around comes around I guess. Daniel ousted Sara and time was ticking. I then made a cheesy deal with Alex who was in lost position. We ousted Daniel and he self ousted getting 1vp which was more than he could have hoped for otherwise. With more time I could have played for the win in a more conventional way.
Me GW3
Alex 1
Daniel 1

Round 3
Me -> Henrik Klippström (Venture Lawfirm G4/5) -> ? -> ? - Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark (Saulot and Nergal)
I managed to race titles with Henrik and it made me be able to win this table quite comfortably. I don't remember my grandprey and grandpredator right now but I think one of them was Daniel Teige (my memory says I used Quentin's ability on his Inner Circle at least once). I will fill out the details if I suddenly recall or someone enlightens me.
Me GW4
Someone else 1

The Finals
Me -> Henrik Klippström -> Daniel Teige -> Alex Båskman -> Jonas Ståhle (!Ventue Grinder (new crypt)
I was first seeded and believed to be able to do the same thing as in round 3 to Henrik. It worked out fine even if I didn't draw Angelica this game. I had Ambrosio with Enkil Cog, Gratiano and Alvaro in play pretty soon so 6 card-less bleed on the table helped a lot. I also managed to get rid of 6 Master Cards discarding from early use of this deck's only Dreams of the Sphinx so I wasn't really at a disadvantage since neither my prey nor grandprey used any stealth to speak of. I ousted Henrik and Daniel ousted Alex. Daniel was very resilient for playing Girls will find and recursed several Delaying Tactics (we call him DT after all) but in the end I got him and then Jonas.
Me GW4
Daniel 1

The first game was obviously my hardest one. I got a bad slow start and DT got a good bloating one. I would say that game three was the easiest although I actually managed to put up my best overall play in the finals (can't remember any mistakes) even if I was a little glöggfryntlig.

I hope that answers your questions!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds