2x On the Qui Vive
1x Redirection
8x Second Tradition: Domain

Retainer [1]
1x Mr. Winthrop

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Dec 15 19:54:26 2013]

- - -

Arrroooo, everyone!

The christmas tournament (not really a theme, but since it's December...) was held and was a great success, as most of our tournies these days seem to be. I wasn't exactly sure if we would get 10 peeps coming, but we were lucky to get enough for a tournament.

Both games on both tables were really good and tight, as far as I saw. At least both I played in were great, and until the last minutes anyone could've won. Really good stuff, and loads of varied decks.

Petrus Makkonen - Synesios and Nosferatu princes voter
Mikko Tervonen - Elimelech's toolbox
Salli Hokkanen - Howler and friends
Jani Malmi - Tremere toolbox
Tapio Törrönen - Imbued
Toni Karjalainen - G5 Ventrue grinder
Aki Puolakka - Cailean's dominate buddies
Toni Manninen - Hektor bruiser
Petteri Teerikangas - Eze's Orun Banishment+Exile
Margus Paananen - Stanislava

Finals

Petrus Makkonen
Jani Malmi
Toni Karjalainen
Margus Paananen
Aki Puolakka

The finals started with everyone bringing guys up and taking it carefully. Well, careful enough; Margus did the math a bit poorly just after bringing out Stanislava, bled, got caught by Cailean, was beaten to torpor and took Cailean with her with some aggro claws. My Nikolaus stealthed past Julio Martinez and diablerised Cailean, and survived with Stanislava's votes backed up by mine.

I was pretty sure I was going to take a slow table by tacking Jani out at the last minutes, since I had next to no pressure, but it didn't exactly work out like that. Stanislava struggled and struggled, keeping the pressure on Aki and trying to survive Toni's constant bleeds. I washed all of Jani's pool gain and tried to take him out, but with 15 minutes at the clock I failed with my stealth draws and Toni's KRCG radio kept Jani barely on the table. Toni took Margus out with a set of Govern bleeds and a cunning Daring the Dawn, and even if I took Jani out I wouldn't have won, as Toni was top seed. Last minutes saw Aki plunge through me with rushes, combat, Shadow Boxing and a bleed of 3.

The things I noticed that went wrong (in my point of view) was that Jani used his sparse intercepts against my obfuscate instead of Toni's Governs (he got 3 down), and I made a mistake in discarding a Direct Intervention during the cycles of my would-be-an-oust turn. Hourglasses of the Mind are really good cyclers! Anyways, if I'd planned a bit more into the future I could've DI'd Toni's Daring the Dawn. I wonder if I'd died anyways, but that was a grave mistake.

Really good and well played tournament for all anyhows, and we had loads of fun!

Oh, and we unofficially named this tournament 'the hunting tournie'. :) In the finals, like, a third of all of the actions were hunt actions. At least it felt like that! Toni was worried the Swedes will find out 'cause they'll laugh us out of the internet for that. Ups, now I told you.... :D

"Aaaand, Nikolaus hunts."

More issues of Garou Rim Monthly coming up in January and all spring. See you then!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 16 Dec 2013 17:50 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2013 17:58 #57797 by Von_Polack
Played the Cailean deck, and have to say, that the new cards really help antinossies perfectly. Under Siege saves card slots and provides reliable blocking power, while Shadow Boxing basically gives you extra actions (that !nossiebruisers lack).

Really enjoyed the tournament, final table being really exciting to me, since I got my star vamp eaten right at the start. Saved the situation rather well, if I say so myself.

Plus, I got a Nana Buruku from a prize booster. :)

More
16 Dec 2013 19:38 #57803 by Lönkka
Would've approved the Archon but there was an error in it.
Apparently some doofus can't recall his own VEKN id... :P

Delete and try again, weedhopper.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Dec 2013 03:52 #57821 by Kraus
Or, some doofus just typåed a zero too few... :)

Anyways, I can't manually delete it anymore once I've submitted it. Do you have to cancel the event before I can manipulate it again, or something?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
17 Dec 2013 07:25 #57824 by Jannu
Played !trem! Toolbox where Ash Harrison tried to defend me from combat and Aidan Lyle gave other minions Nightmare Curses. On my second table I was succesfull in shutting Stanislava down as soon as it rose to ready region and got enough time to build up. Though that game went to me as my grand predator (Toni with his Ventrues) and I made a deal to oust Imbued and Howler off the table.

Final game was a good game though I could do little but try to survive as my draws during the first hour were bad and Peetu took all my pool gain out. I could do little pressure on Toni as I was trying to stand my ground and gain some way to gain pool as I was more than little worried of Peetu's four voting minions on my back. I propably should have played my intercept differently as Peetu said, maybe I learned something. Also there was like 20 hunt actions througout the final game as Nikolaus hunted pool, i hunted to gain blood after playing my two Rutors's hand and some other vampires hunted just for the sake of it :D

All in all, good turney and very though final. And getting my next best buddy Ossian from prize booster was great!

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
17 Dec 2013 07:32 #57825 by Lönkka

Do you have to cancel the event before I can manipulate it again, or something?

Yup, another doofus on this end too...
Now it is cancelled.

As you noticed, the possible errors are shown in red, so always recheck the uploaded Archon after submitting to see if any red is visible (in which case, delete, correect and reupload, etc).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds