times TWD Justicar Retribution XXIII: Hail Destroyer (Helsinki 26.01.2014)

28 Jan 2014 10:53 #58909 by Lönkka

12 players

Fifteen players, right?

Hahaha, you're absolutely right. :)
Thanks for catching that up.

Goes to show what you can do when copying stuff needed to be reported from an earlier report and doing it past your bedtime...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Jan 2014 10:56 #58910 by Lönkka

Justicar Retribution XXII: Hail Destroyer
Out of the ten games, a whopping seven, including the final, ended in a timeout.
1 Janne Lönnqvist 2 6.0 138 2.0 151
2 Matti Palomäki 1 4.5 156 2.0 69
2 Antti Tiril 0 3.0 114 1.0 51

Not quite true - the final ended with no GW but not because of time. Not sure if it makes things all that much better, but still. :)

Seven games did end in timeout, but you're correct that finals wasn't one of those.

Antti ousted Tommi, I ousted Antti and Matias, rand out of steam and finally Matti ousted me. Due to seeding I won.

Thanks for catching that up.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
28 Jan 2014 11:04 - 28 Jan 2014 14:28 #58912 by Lönkka

What were the other finalists / participants playing?

Probably have very vague, or even downright wrong, info on some decks which I either played only a short time against or didn't see at all.

Finalists:
1 Janne: Stanislava
2 Antti: Dementation weeneis
3 Tommi: Anson + Black Cat -magnum wall (?)
4 Matias: !Ventrue grinder
5 Matti: Auspex weenies !Tor

Aleksi: ?
Anssi: ? ("Pahat eläkeläiset")
Hannu: ?
Jarkko: Xaviar
Lauri: Unnamed + Maleficia ("Mleficia is not a discipline")
Marko: !Gangrel
Petri: "Asanbonbon" ghouls gallore
Teemu: Imbued + Gehenna
Timo: Gangrel/!Gangrel
Tuukka: Akunanse ("Rumble in the Jungle")

Last edit: 28 Jan 2014 14:28 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Otso

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
28 Jan 2014 12:54 #58913 by Beatrice

5 Matti: Auspex weenies

These aus-weenies of mine had capacities up to 7 and were all !toreador. The library had celerity and presence cards to go with the auspex and more combat cards than reactions. In the final I ended up with no vampire with superior AUS despite bringing out two 5-caps and one 6-cap to accompany Lolita and another weenie.
If someone thinks I deviate from the standard AUS-weenie template I can't blame them. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 Jan 2014 09:46 #58933 by Lemminkäinen

It was a new version of my "Gotsdam Rides with the Crows at Dawn" but I never got Gotsdam in any of my four games in the tournament.

The difference to a normal !Ventrue grinder is that it plays vampires with animalism and makes blocking them annoying by playing Dawn Operation, Mind of the Wilds and Carrion Crows. Torpored Anson (a guan variant with .44) with the combo, which was fun. Ate him, too.

In the final I had a horrible crypt in that I got neither Konrad (two copies) nor Gotsdam (three copies) but did really well until I got a predator and then *whoosh* Lönkka ousted me in a millisecond or so. You had three Conditionings in the deck and played them all against me in a single turn?? (with me having only one bounce at hand) Not cool, man, not cool!

;)

More
30 Jan 2014 16:26 #58935 by ReverendRevolver

It was a new version of my "Gotsdam Rides with the Crows at Dawn" but I never got Gotsdam in any of my four games in the tournament.

The difference to a normal !Ventrue grinder is that it plays vampires with animalism and makes blocking them annoying by playing Dawn Operation, Mind of the Wilds and Carrion Crows. Torpored Anson (a guan variant with .44) with the combo, which was fun. Ate him, too.

In the final I had a horrible crypt in that I got neither Konrad (two copies) nor Gotsdam (three copies) but did really well until I got a predator and then *whoosh* Lönkka ousted me in a millisecond or so. You had three Conditionings in the deck and played them all against me in a single turn?? (with me having only one bounce at hand) Not cool, man, not cool!

;)

Ive ran AI in my Gotsdam decks, both "Gotsdam tje pusherman" and "Gotsdams Taco stand" have had it included. My Gotsdam with konrad had it as well. Only my gotsdam as an archon deck did not.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds