Final Round: Adam: 2VP, Ben 1VP, Michael 1VP, Andy 1VP, Martin 0VP

(Archon Report Coming)

Adam Hulse - Toreador Group 3/4 Toolbox
Ben Peal - Kiasyd Bleed
Michael Andryuk - Ventrue Anti grinder
Andy Hatton - Malk Dementation Bleed Group 4/5
Martin Henley - Titled Tzimisce toolbox

Adam -> Ben -> Michael -> Andy -> Martin

A very intense game! The game started off quickly, Andy bleeding Martin and Martin bleeding Adam. To everyone's surprise, Martin who was a blocking machine all tournament did not draw enough intercept and was ousted by turn 6ish.

Andy, then moving forward quickly bleed with Bloody Mary for 4 and got promptly Archon Investigation-ed. Andy still took his shot and in that turn brought Adam down to 1 pool. Adam, in return had to take a lunge on Ben, which failed and caused bleeds of 3 to be bounced to Micheal who then bounced it to Andy! Putting Andy at like 6 pool!

Ben seeing that Micheal was now going to lunge Andy (and assuming Adam, gaining 12 pool), Ben then lunged on Micheal, but could only get him down to 2 pool! Micheal then ousted Andy but didn't lunge on Adam, assuming he had a wake.

Now down to 3 players...

One turn passes with some more minor bleeding, now it's Ben's turn and the table is follows:

Final turns: Ben at 1 pool, Michael at 2 pool, Adam at 1 pool

At the very end, there was a clutch decision by Ben. Ben had two minions to bleed. One bled Michael who bounced to Adam. Adam blocked, Ben considered stealthing it past, to force Adam to bounce back to Micheal, thus probably ousting Michael. Then Ben would have one more minion to oust Adam. (Adam insisted he did not have a bounce but that moot info). If Adam is ousted, Micheal would then have 2 vp. Ben could still win by ousting Micheal (2vp each with Ben with better seed) BUT then Michael would be at 8 pool and Ben thought that Micheal had enough minions to oust him. So Ben let Adam block him. It turned out to be a non-issue because then Ben took another shot and bled with the last minion... Michael was out of wakes and was ousted. However, now Ben has tapped his last minion. Adam then just bled for 7 to end the game.

Adam: 2VP, Ben 1VP, Michael 1VP, Andy 1VP, Martin 0VP

So I won my own tournament, ah well. (Ben joked that I was defending my prize support) I thought it was a great tournament and I was real pleased that everyone showed up! Here is my deck list.

Adam's New York City Qualifer Winning Deck
Deck Name: Rule of Four
Created By: Adam Hulse
Description: An AUS CEL PRE "four-card limit" deck (Obviously the name of the deck ruins the surprise). While that may be considering limiting, I liked that the deck seemed to flow well and always had a lot of options. Annabelle Triabell is a new addition to this deck, worked out well and made me win the first round.

Crypt: (12 cards)

1 Emerson Wilkershire III pre 2 Toreador
1 Michael Luther aus pre 4 Toreador
1 Thomas De Lutrius aus cel pre 4 Toreador
1 Barth aus cel PRE 5 Toreador
1 Antoinette AUS cel obf PRE 6 Toreador
1 Ransam, The Old Man aus CEL dom PRE 6 Toreador
2 Ira Rivers ani AUS CEL pre 7 Toreador
2 Kateline Nadasdy AUS CEL PRE 7 Toreador
1 Eugene AUS CEL FOR PRE 8 Toreador
1 Annabelle Triabell AUS CEL dom for PRE 9 Toreador

Library: (90 cards)
Master (19 cards)
3 Anarch Troublemaker
1 Archon Investigation
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Art Museum
2 Perfectionist
2 Vessel
2 Villein
2 Blood Doll
1 Giant's Blood
1 Erciyes Fragments, The

1 Fear of Mekket

Action (16 cards)
4 Enchant Kindred
4 Legal Manipulations
4 Public Trust
4 Entrancement

Equipment (2 cards)
2 .44 Magnum

Action Modifier (4 cards)
4 Aire of Elation

Reaction (24 cards)
4 Eyes of Argus
4 Forced Awakening
4 Telepathic Misdirection
4 My Enemy`s Enemy
4 Quicken Sight
4 On the Qui Vive

Combat (19 cards)
4 Sideslip
4 Side Strike
4 Majesty
4 Target Vitals
3 Weighted Walking Stick

Political Action (1 card)
1 Toreador Justicar

Ally/Retainer (1 card)
1 Resplendent Protector

Combo (4 cards)
4 Resist Earth`s Grasp
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 11:31 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Ankha, Ashur, godofroads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2014 18:12 #62750 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
You mention Bloody Mary being Archoned in the 4-player, yet his prey had no AI in the deck list. She got burned on a bounced bleed, or is the deck list incorrect?

More
24 May 2014 18:15 #62752 by ReverendRevolver

You mention Bloody Mary being Archoned in the 4-player, yet his prey had no AI in the deck list. She got burned on a bounced bleed, or is the deck list incorrect?

Fragments AI? ;)

More
24 May 2014 19:20 #62756 by erewego
Ah! That's what I get from doing it from memory. I play it alot! I switched an Troublemaker for an AI last minute. Will fix

More
24 May 2014 22:29 - 24 May 2014 22:35 #62759 by godofroads
Not to be nitpicky but my Crypt was actually Malkavians 4/5. :cheer:

Thank you again for everything and running a great tournament, I had an awesome time. BUT Thats 2 tournaments in a row now that you beat me in the finals Adam, I'm out for REVENGE!
Last edit: 24 May 2014 22:35 by godofroads.

More
24 May 2014 23:04 #62760 by erewego
I will make that fix now. Nice playing with you too! Maybe next time you will only bleed me for 3 at a time. :) Bounce + AI! No one every sees that coming. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds