check TWD - Garou Rim Annual Celebration - 18.02.2017

19 Feb 2017 10:02 - 02 Apr 2017 12:27 #80756 by Kraus
Garou Rim Annual Celebration
Joensuu; Finland
18th FEB 2017

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8590

17 players
3R+F

A vast thank you to every player, older and newer, as well as distant visitors! We had a blast. This tournament could’ve easily been even 20 players, but 5+4+4+4 tables was immensely fine as well. A shout out to our venue, whose nice discounts and an endless coffee support were an excellent boost to the event!

1GW+3 wasn’t just enough to get one of our neonytes into the finals, but it was basically either his weenie animalism, or the weenie animalism Lauri piloted that got their place in the final table.

^ Sebastian Schiavone; Kiasyd “Marsvinsburg” Toolbox
> Petrus Makkonen; Mugur Sabau’s “Votes From The Woods”
> Lauri Salmi; Weenie Animalism
> Esa-Matti Smolander; Huitzilopotchli
> Petri Wessman; !Toreador Anarchists

An insane match-up for everyone. Me and Sebastian started off with contesting Dreams of the Sphinx, and went on doing that for three or four pool damage to both – all the while Lauri’s TWO Anarch Revolts kept on pounding everyone. With Lauri’s ASAP Deep Song to torpor Huitzi, we all knew who we had to deal with, and went to lengths in discussing how to keep Esa-Matti in play. I had to convince Sebastian a ‘bit’ with a DI deal to keep him from being ousted (his draws were that bad, with having first go and not drawing into bounces), and while Petri was more reluctant to keep Huitzi in play with bad crypt draws (getting AUS up only very late), we managed to give the baali a bit of extra time. And, some extra time for me to dig for Aksinya as well, whom I didn’t draw in my starting crypt…

Well, Huitzi bled big for maximized cycling, ousted Sebastian kinda by accident, and eventually went down himself despite our best efforts to deter Lauri. A turn of drunkenly reckless bleeding (or ingeniously calculated strategic maneuvering, we’ll never know) later I had to use my blocks to Petri's bounces after finally Zillahing Aksinya up, in 1 pool, sitting with a Villein in hand -- and fell to Petri’s bleeds.

From there on it seemed like a rather trivial affair for Lauri to grind Petri to torpor, finalizing his place as rightful winner of Garou Rim Annual Celebration. Later there was celebration, in the 'scary end game boss monster’s’ name.

As always, the write up can’t even begin to describe the tension there was to this final. We had weird decks with weird draws, a lot of calculating and gentlemanly debate about in which way to best KEEP PLAYERS IN PLAY instead of ousting them (in response to the bellowing beast that thrashed the whole table). An excellent, oh so excellent game.

Lauri Salmi: GW + 3 PV
Petri Wessman: 2 VP
The rest: Zura (0) Pöäng

Lauri will post his version and report himself as soon as he can, and posting of deck lists by other finalists is strongly encouraged.

The prince of Joensuu thanks everyone for the past years, bleeds and adventures in this vampirical world, and salutes the prince of Joensuu. Down with the prince – long live the prince!

Will post about the change in titles on the proper forums soonish.

Yours,
Petrus Makkonen

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 02 Apr 2017 12:27 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Cerion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2017 11:29 #80757 by alek
Nice report. Could we see finalists' decklists?

More
19 Feb 2017 18:11 #80761 by Cerion
Deck Name: Stolen Field Training Bats
Author: Lauri Salmi
Description:
Joensuu, Finland
February 18th, 2017
3R+F
17 players
Winner:Lauri Salmi

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8590

I give all the credit for this deck to Kim Nillson from Sweden as it's her Tournament winning deck originally, almost full copy of swedish nationals 2016 winner. Lovely deck, and was ultimately good choice on the tournament I played it.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=1 max=5 avg=2.5)
==============================================
4x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:ANY
1x Beetleman 4 obf ANI Nosferatu:4
1x Bobby Lemon 4 pro ANI Gangrel:3
1x Clarissa Steinburgen 3 ani obf Nosferatu:3
1x Célèste Lamontagne 5 for ANI PRO !Gangrel:4
1x Darva Felispa 3 ani pot Nosferatu:3
1x Mouse 2 ani Nosferatu:3
1x Stick 3 ANI !Nosferatu:4
1x Zip 2 ani Ravnos:3

Library (81 cards)
==================
Master (13)
1x Anarch Free Press, The
4x Anarch Revolt
1x Archon Investigation
2x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
2x Fame
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Vessel

Action (20)
2x Army of Rats
12x Deep Song
5x Field Training
1x Nosferatu Bestial

Retainer (3)
3x Raven Spy

Reaction (14)
3x Cats' Guidance
3x Guard Dogs
4x On the Qui Vive
2x Poison Pill
2x Protection Racket

Combat (31)
14x Aid from Bats
2x Canine Horde
9x Carrion Crows
2x Groundfighting
4x Taste of Vitae

Baron of Vantaa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Kimpan

More
19 Feb 2017 18:33 - 19 Feb 2017 18:36 #80762 by Cerion
So then my little rpot, it's a bit of a road trip story too, so I hope noone minds.

So we started this totally crazy trip Saturday morning. I left home 4.25 in the morning, so I could pick Orava(Petri Wessman) at 4.55, and then we continued to pick up our last remaining companions Tero Aalto and a tourist(fourth one didn't play, so just went to see new place called Joensuu). So about 4.25 we started driving the long and crazy journey towards eastern Finland and this crazy town called Joensuu.

During this roadtrip ccross southern and eastern parts of Finland we made about 17 minutes recording of what each of us were going to play and what we anticipated about the tournament with our friends from Joensuu, it's in Finnish so most of you couldn't follow it, but still finaly in the end around 11 we arrvied Joensuu, checked to our hotel which was couple of mintues from the Venue Bar Play, where the tournament was arranged.

A bit late we arrvied but that was fine, so with some trouble with Archon we started the games.. and now short summary about the games I played.

in First game I really thought I had a great start, my prey was playing Huitzilopocthli with Arika and propably some other big caps, and what I managed to do was rush Hutzi and get it down to 1 blood, before Secure haven was played... so with some help of Anarch Revolt and deep song etc. bleeds I got him to 1 pool, but couldn't get his second vampire down it was Arika, My rushes went to Obedience, lovely... and of course he manage to play villen for 9 and Golconda Huitzi.. yay 19 pool for my prey..

Even then I got him down to 1 again, before my predator manage very good timed Domain challenge, and I took 6 pool damage and went down. My predator was Peetu, played cool deck starring Mugur Sabau, he managed a full sweep, after that quiet easily since his new prey was with 1 pool and no vampires... 0VP

Second game, was easier for me, my prey played quite weird deck perhaps but nice idea Tremeres with necromancy and Shambling Hordes, but he didn't really manage to get his thing going and I rushed him to torpor and got ous, my second prety was playing Esmeralda and Arika and propably other big caps, little voting and huge bleeds I suppose... bloating a lot but also using a lot to bring those big caps..

He didn't have easy game cause his prey my predator was playing Tzimice wall deck and was blocking him, so with some rushes and anarch revolts it was easy to oust and also easy to get oust from my last prey, the tzimische, cause at the time he was very low on blood and pool, easy sweep with 4VPs and GW.

I dont' have much to say about my last game before finals cause it was short game, again Huitzilopocthli this time behind me, different player than first one though, so with no Rushes really I got ousted fast.. My prey was playing Euro brujahs and her prey 2-3 group Kiasyd bleed, he got his second GW on this game.. 0 VP

So then last game finals, I actually was sure I didn't get there but this time GW +4 VPs was enough to earn me spot on final table.. I'm not going to Details on this game cause Peetu already reported it very accurately, only thing he left saying was that one vampire Peetu bounced with Aksinya to me, Oravas vampire was burned with Archon Investigation, making the last oust for me quite easy. GW + 3VP

After that I did play one more casual game, but I can't even remember what I played, but I suppose some irrelevant no ousting power deck or so I herd. The tournament was good, the people in Joensuu fun and friendly, so thanks to all for awesome weekend once more..

Morning I knew I couldn't drive yet, cause I did celebrate my win obviously and wasn't in state to step behind the wheel. Luckily for us, Orava was able to drive all the way home, giving me break from that, and I was able to drive home from Orava hours later

On the trip home we did a small podcast again in finnish to analyze our games and of course the finals.

So there's my road trip report from this absolutely crazy trip to Joensuu, and now I'm saying good night after almost 1000km drive ((alltogehter of the weekend, almost 500km each day))

Lauri

Baron of Vantaa
Last edit: 19 Feb 2017 18:36 by Cerion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Vlad

More
19 Feb 2017 19:31 #80763 by esku
Deck Name: Huitzilopochtli's "Travel Guide Satan"
Author: Esa-Matti Smolander

Description:

Bar Play, Joensuu, Finland
February 18, 2017
3R+F
17 players

Three rounds and 1GW+6VP, all three games could've been GWs, but I pushed it too much and the deck failed me in crucial moments. Picked wrong seat in the finals and crumbled, pure horror and 0VPs from that. I will correct the card flow by losing some of those heavy masters in favor of stealth, combat defence and untaps.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=10 avg=8.25)
================================================
2x Giotto Verducci 7 for pot pre DAI OBF Baali:2
2x High Priest Angra Mainyu 8 dem ser DAI OBF PRE Baali:2
5x Huitzilopochtli 10 AUS DAI DOM OBF POT PRE Baali:2
2x Mary the Black 7 cel obf pot DAI PRE Baali:2
1x Sargon 5 cel dai obf pre Baali:2

Library (70 cards)
==================
Master (35)
9x Ashur Tablets
1x Coven, The
1x Direct Intervention
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Liquidation
1x Metro Underground
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Parthenon, The
1x Path of Evil Revelations
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Sudden Reversal
6x Tend the Flock
2x Villein
2x Visit from the Capuchin
1x Wider View
3x Zillah's Valley

Action (9)
1x Entrancement
1x Heart of the City
1x Intimidation
2x Legal Manipulations
2x Mind Rape
2x Unleash Hell's Fury

Ally (1)
1x Veneficti (Mage)

Action Modifier (13)
2x Conditioning
1x Elder Impersonation
2x Enkil Cog
1x Faceless Night
1x I am Legion
2x Into Thin Air
2x Lost in Crowds
1x Psychomachia
1x Spying Mission

Reaction (6)
2x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
1x Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
1x Obedience
1x On the Qui Vive

Combat (1)
1x Majesty

Combo (5)
1x Hide the Mind
1x Murmur of the False Will
3x Sense the Sin

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4d. (Feb 19, 2017 21:27:44)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cerion

More
19 Feb 2017 20:27 - 19 Feb 2017 20:32 #80764 by Kraus
Deck Name: Mugur Sabau's "Votes From The Woods"
Author: Peetu Makkonen
Description:
Finland; Joensuu
18th FEB 2017
3R+F
17 players

Got into finals with this thing, which was astounding. Granted, we got 5+4+4+4 tables, but snatching a sweep round one, and almost getting another (fatigue finally got me big time) on the third showed that stuff like this really has potential. Especially if even you're not really sure how the deck plays, having built it a day prior to the event!

Would probably add a fifth Aksinya (in expense of Hartmut - he's a fine fourth vampire though), as not drawing her at opening in the finals was a major bummer.

Considerations:

+X Instantaneous Transformation (you're discarding them for cycle, but need to play 2-3 of them each turn still)
-1 Cardinal Benediction (Regent is really all you need)
+1 Under Siege

Aranthebes and Confusion of the Eye are hate cards. They could be ditched for extra consistency depending on your meta. Zillah's Tears was actually really good.

In every game I cycled 80% or so of the whole deck, decking on third round. The speed is insane.

But then again, why would you play this over AK-47 Ventrue with Freak Drives? I dunno, you probably wouldn't unless you want to fool around with Daemonic Possession and confuse others. Give it a swirl. It's surprising amounts of fun as a concept.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=7 max=10 avg=8.83)
================================================
4x Aksinya Daclau 9 cel tha ANI FOR PRE PRO !Gangrel:4
2x Hartmut Stover 10 dom for CEL OBF PRO !Gangrel:3
4x Mugur Sabau 9 vic CEL NEC OBF PRO !Gangrel:4
2x Xendil Charmer 7 obf CEL PRO SER !Gangrel:4

Library (81 cards)
==================
Master (24)
1x Archon Investigation
1x Black Forest Base
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Ennoia's Theater
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Gangrel Conspiracy
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Regent
1x Rötschreck
4x Villein
1x Wash
1x Wider View
6x Zillah's Valley

Action (15)
2x Abbot
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Bum's Rush
2x Daemonic Possession
1x Divine Sign
3x Marked Territory
1x Rumble
3x Under Siege
1x Zillah's Tears

Political Action (4)
1x Domain Challenge
1x Banishment
1x Cardinal Benediction
1x Templar

Equipment (3)
1x Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
1x Ivory Bow
1x Sargon Fragment, The

Ally (1)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Retainer (1)
1x Mr. Winthrop

Action Modifier (18)
2x Forgotten Labyrinth
12x Instantaneous Transformation
2x Spying Mission
2x Zephyr

Reaction (1)
1x Confusion of the Eye

Combat (12)
1x Amaranth
5x Claws of the Dead
3x Earth Meld
3x Psyche!

Combo (2)
2x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4d. (Feb 19, 2017 22:27:03)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 19 Feb 2017 20:32 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cerion

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds