lightbulb EC 2017 - Questions to judges

17 May 2017 14:29 #81887 by TapeTaChatte
so let's say 2 Victor Pelletier are in the uncontrolled.
or maybe 1, as it is confidential.
One has been Prince of Paris previously.
But I want to influence him to be an anarch with convert.
How can I prove it was not the Prince if I can mix cards as I want? Should I show that I have 2 Pelletier to the judge? - it seems really awkward to me.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2017 14:58 - 17 May 2017 15:04 #81888 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic EC 2017 - Questions to judges

so let's say 2 Victor Pelletier are in the uncontrolled.
or maybe 1, as it is confidential.
One has been Prince of Paris previously.
But I want to influence him to be an anarch with convert.
How can I prove it was not the Prince if I can mix cards as I want? Should I show that I have 2 Pelletier to the judge? - it seems really awkward to me.

There is a very lengthy discussion about this case and many other more in the link provided by James, so I won't repeat it here.

In your case, you need either to trust the player, or mark the Victor Pelletier that was Prince and later banished by inserting a piece of paper on the front of the card, or a piece of post-it so that when he comes back, you know it was the Victor Pelletier that was banished previously.

If you want to bring out copy #2 that wasn't brought in play earlier, you can also prove it (incompletely) by showing two copies. It's incomplete because maybe you changed your mind if you influenced the vampire over more than one turn (nothing proves you didn't want to influence the Prince in the first place, then changed your mind later because someone played an Anarch Revolt in the meantime). In that case, the piece of paper is the best way to go.

Most of the case, bringing copy #1 or #2 of the same vampire doesn't change anything, so you don't need to keep track.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 17 May 2017 15:04 by Ankha.

More
17 May 2017 15:18 #81890 by TapeTaChatte
you can't put pieces of paper if you're allowed to mix your uncontrolled, it's two things that can't cohabit with each other

More
17 May 2017 16:08 #81891 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic EC 2017 - Questions to judges

you can't put pieces of paper if you're allowed to mix your uncontrolled, it's two things that can't cohabit with each other

The cards in the uncontrolled region are handled the same way as cards in the hand: the cards are unknown to other players, and their order doesn't matter. That's why they have the same back (and if they don't because of the various editions, that's why we sleeved them with opaque sleeved).

The piece of paper is put on the front of the card; this information is kept secret until the card is revealed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 May 2017 16:44 - 17 May 2017 16:45 #81892 by jamesatzephyr

Yes, you can. In that sort of situation, the point is that you have two vampires - one with a detriment, one without, or something similar where you care which is which (perhaps one has a positive lingering benefit, whatever).

For practical convenience, a player can mark the card in a way that only that player (and the judge) can see, such as a piece of paper in the sleeve, a sticky dot, or whatever. This in no way prevents the player from shuffling their uncontrolled region so that *I* don't know which is which, because I can't see the dot or paper.

In the exceedingly rare circumstance where I can see the vampire - such as with a card like Nosferatu Hosting - it may be appropriate to put any marker in the sleeve behind the card. Or to mark all the cards (e.g. a piece of paper saying A, one saying B etc.), with a hidden piece of paper proving which is which when the card is brought back into play. Or something similar.

Again, that doesn't stop me shuffling them so that all the players who can't see the vampires don't know which is which. And that you with your Nosferatu Hosting might get to pick the same vampire again, because you can't distinguish them when face down.

(Please, don't play Nosferatu Hosting.)
Last edit: 17 May 2017 16:45 by jamesatzephyr.

More
18 May 2017 08:55 #81904 by TapeTaChatte
Yeah OK, paper in the sleeve, not paper out of the sleeve,
now I see what you mean and that seems good to me, I never really imagined that, but that seems a good solution

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds