January 20, 2018
2R + F
10 players
Winner: Mark Jasper

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8823

Deck Name: Semi-Turbo Capuchin
Author: Mark Jasper
Description:

Thanks to Martin Schumacker for playing a similar deck a couple of times on Lackey and giving me the inspiration to make this deck. The core idea from Martin is to use Coroner's Contact to pull out whatever Samedi (4 in deck) are left in the crypt and use Soul Gem with 100% chance of drawing another Capuchin. You give the Capuchin Obfuscate, the Soul Gem, and Villein down to 2. Then do the classic Force of Will bleed with Daring the Dawn at inferior and Conditioning to bleed for 7, unblockable by vampires, burn the Capuchin and get a new unlocked Capuchin to Villein later. This deck can bloat a ton! Use Under My Skin (on two actions each) to stealth past allies. Obviously, rushing allies like Ossian and Garous are really bad news for this deck since Samedi besides Baroque (auspex!) have no intercept. The Capuchin is the star, so if he goes to torpor you’re toast. Best strategy is to be patient, wait until all Samedi are in uncontrolled region, blocking some actions with the Capuchin when you have Obedience and bouncing bleeds while looking innocent and staying good on pool. Then, when you’re prey gets down to 10 pool or so, Villein down to 3, Magic out the Soul Gem, and have two left to pay for Force of Will and Conditioning, get a new Capuchin and repeat, semi-turbo style. Fun deck to play. 1.5 VP in the final (won tiebreaker as 2nd seed).

Crypt (12 cards)
=====================
1x Abebe 4 nec obf thn Samedi:4
1x Baroque 7 aus for obf NEC THN Samedi:5
8x Capuchin, The 11 AUS DOM FOR NEC THA THN Harbinger of Skulls:5
1x Macoute 6 obf thn FOR NEC Samedi:4
1x Morlock 8 obf FOR NEC THN Samedi:4

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (29; 8 trifles)
1x Antediluvian Awakening
5x Coroner's Contact
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Maabara
1x Metro Underground
6x Obfuscate
3x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
7x Villein
1x Wash

Action (15)
1x Far Mastery
7x Force of Will
5x Magic of the Smith
2x Revelations

Equipment (4)
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Laptop Computer
2x Soul Gem of Etrius

Ally (1)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Action Modifier (20)
2x Call of the Hungry Dead
4x Conditioning
6x Daring the Dawn
2x Freak Drive
6x Under My Skin

Reaction (21)
5x Deflection
2x Delaying Tactics
4x Eyes of Argus
8x Obedience
2x On the Qui Vive
Last edit: 30 Jan 2018 10:35 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2018 18:40 #85015 by M.Schumacher
Thx for the honorable mention.
I suggest playing Troglodytia in that deck since she also has sup AUS and her
special is awesome. Also u need to play pentex to contest, if u get pentexed on capu on ur first turn u are toast. I play 3 in my version. I also prefer telepathic misdirection over
deflection for the cept.
Congrats on the win.

More
22 Jan 2018 19:06 #85016 by mjvtes521

Thx for the honorable mention.
I suggest playing Troglodytia in that deck since she also has sup AUS and her
special is awesome. Also u need to play pentex to contest, if u get pentexed on capu on ur first turn u are toast. I play 3 in my version. I also prefer telepathic misdirection over
deflection for the cept.
Congrats on the win.

Yes I debated about the number of pentex for a while before settling on 1 pentex and 1 wash. Pentex is not as big of a pox on my meta and the support vamps can all play Under My Skin for stealth to burn it. Troglodytia just seemed too expensive as a support vampire, but with all the Villeins, I think you're right that she's worth it. I went with deflections because I hated having to tap the Capuchin to bounce, with all the Obediences and very few wakes. In hindsight, I was going to swap out a couple of deflections for telepathic misdirections anyway. I would actually remove Metro Underground and add 1 KRCG because the Capuchin is most often unlocked at the end of the turn anyway since he hardly ever acts unless it is to Force of Will bleed for a ton, burn, and come back unlocked. So Metro Underground is not necessary. Permanent two intercept is worth it, and any other permanent intercept (equipment or retainers) burns with each Capuchin. Thanks again Martin!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds