16 Apr 2018 11:18 - 06 Sep 2022 08:59 #86252 by Khormag
Outocon VTES, Spring 2018
Outokumpu, Finland
April 14, 2018
3R + F
13 Players
Lauri Salmi
Event Calendar

Great attendance once again! All the new players from our last tournament in Joensuu were also attending this time, its great to see the scene growing!

Games were aggressive once again, only a few games went to time. Winners deck choice for the tournament was excellent, having a dominant performance of 3GWs and 9,5VPs before finals.

Finals seating:

Simo Tiippana (Ventrue AT Grinder) --> Lauri Salmi (Nephandus Mage) --> Aki Puolakka (Nosferatu Royalty ft. Strohmann) --> Aapo Järvelin (Weenie Gangrel swarm bleed) --> Timo Tahvanainen (Big Cap Malkavians)

Final Rank Target Rank # Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 1 13 Lauri Salmi 3 9.5 3 180
2 2 5 Aki Puolakka 1 3 96
2 3 7 Simo Tiippana 1 3.5 126
2 4 9 Aapo Järvelin 1 4.5 2 144
2 5 12 Timo Tahvanainen 1 4.5 124
6 6 1 Petro Hirvonen 0 3 144
7 7 2 Emma Takkunen 0 2 120
8 8 4 Petteri Teerikangas 0 1.5 100
9 9 6 Aapo Pitkäsalo 0 1 78
10 10 8 Jyri Puhakka 0 0.5 82
10 11 10 Peetu Makkonen 0 0.5 82
12 12 3 Julius Jämsen 0 0 64
12 13 11 Samuel Mäenpää 0 0 64

Winners Deck list:

Deck Name: Nephandus
Author: Lauri Salmi
Description:
This deck is almost copy of EC 2017 Berlin finalist Jorge Delgados Nephandus deck, so thanks to him for that.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=1 max=5 avg=3.67)
===============================================
5x Antonio d'Erlette 5 dom for pot THA !Tremere:4
2x Béatrice Oracle171 Tremblay 3 inn ven Innocent:4
1x Esoara 5 aus for pot DOM !Tremere:4
1x Keith Moody 3 DOM !Tremere:4
1x Saiz 3 aus dom !Tremere:3
2x Tupdog 1 POT VIS Gargoyle:3

Library (78 cards)
==================
Master (40)
1x Archon Investigation
12x Ashur Tablets
2x Direct Intervention
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
1x Fortschritt Library
1x Frontal Assault
3x Haven Uncovered
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x KRCG News Radio
5x Liquidation
1x Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
5x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Secure Haven
1x WMRH Talk Radio
1x Wash
1x Wider View

Event (4)
1x Dragonbound
1x Slow Withering, The
2x Unmasking, The

Conviction (3)
1x React with Conviction
1x Second Sight
1x Strike with Conviction

Ally (12)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Gregory Winter
8x Nephandus (Mage)
1x Ossian
1x Vagabond Mystic

Reaction (9)
5x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
2x On the Qui Vive
1x Poison Pill

Combat (10)
1x Molotov Cocktail
4x Target Vitals
5x Trap

Prince of Joensuu, Finland
Last edit: 06 Sep 2022 08:59 by Khormag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2018 07:14 #86255 by Lönkka
Event approved

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khormag

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
19 Apr 2018 20:05 - 19 Apr 2018 20:08 #86261 by Cerion
This was my second tournament in Joensuu area, and second victory in that area also.

I decided to write here also a little tournament report.

First Round:

Peetu Makkonen (Samedi Anarch Bleed + Shambling Hordes) -> Samuel Mäenpää (Gehenna Imbued) -> Timo Tahvanainen (Big Cap Malkavians) -> Me (Nephandus)

Game seem to start well for me, I got Beatrice out on turn 1, but couldn't bleed with her in a long while, since Peetu got Tupdog on his second turn. Of course next I brought Antonio up, and started bringing some Allies, mainly Nephandus up with his special ability. At this point Imbueds started playing some gehenna cards, mostly harmless, lucky for me though Timo didn't get Lutz up instead bringing Stavros and Bloody Mary. However both Timo and Peetu seemed to be thinking both of me and Samuel as threat and started dealing table. Stavros and Bloody Mary voting pool dmg on both of us equally. Also Peetu got pretty nice defence along with Jack Dawson (ADV) with magnum and shambling hordes. So the table really didn't look that favorable, and that I would need many Nephandus up to have a chance. Stavros and company provided steady pool dmg and the Ancient Influence hurt Samuel a lot cause of no vampires, but lucky for me Stavros and co stopped drawing stealth and we managed to block some of his actions. Real turn point of the game was when Peetu went for oust, and bled with Keystone Kine + Monkey Wrench for 6 and Jack Dawson burned for Archon Investigation, after that it was actually rather easy for me to bleed them all out in turn and get my win. so GW + 4 VP

Second Round

Me -> Aki Puolakka ((Nosferatu Royalty ft. Strohmann) -> Aapo Järvelin (weenie Gangrel tap and bleed) -> Julius Jämsen (Anarch Barons voter

After pretty good homemade lunch we got second round. This game seemed to be run between me, Aki and Aapo, and Julius didn't really get any chance to bring out his game. From early point it was pretty clear that Julius would end up getting ousted, it was just matter of time if Aki manaed to out Aapo before Aapo ousted Julius. It was close, but Aapo managed to oust Julius and with lucky Pentex I managed to oust Aki on same turn, which left just Aapo and me. in which point I already had like Six Nephandus and I could torporize all of Aapos Gangrel and get win from that game so. GW +3 VP

Third Round

Aapo Järvelin -> me -> Simo Simo Tiippana (Ventrue AT Grinder) -> Petro Hirvonen (Followers of Set Anarch Bleed + Enticement) -> Samuel Mäenpää

In this game I had rather easy job stopping Aapos Gangrel getting horde, first turn Unmasking helped a lot with that of course. However oustin Ventrue Grinder wouldn't be too easy and Samuel made it even harder with Nightmares upon Nightmares Gehenna. I had to discard loads of times my hand to untap enough minions to be effective, with some Liqudation and Ashur it was managable game and I din't get much pressure from the Gangrel, so eventually I ousted Simo, however there wasn't much time left when Petro decided he has to defend agaisnt me. That was the point I decided my only chance of getting second VP and GW is if Petro can oust Samuel and get rid of all that Gehenna. So I told him he can oust and I won't advance on him until he has gotten his VP, he went for that and ousted Samuel, so finaly I was out of that discarding hand each untap phase. After Samuel got ousted I played Frontal assault, took out Petros vampires and ousted him, but after that there was like 2-3 mintues left in time and I knew I couldn't oust Aapo in that time, he had gotten some pool from those vampries he had and was strong enough to stand for that couple of mintues so the game timed out but I got 2.5 VP and GW

So at this point I was going to finals as first seed with 3GW + 9.5VP not a bad result at all.

Finals

Simo Tiippana -> Lauri Salmi--> Aki Puolakka --> Aapo Järvelin --> Timo Tahvanainen

I decided to sit between Simo and Aki, cause grinder, well I can rather easily stop it's advance and it's combat isn't so strong agisnt Nephandus as it could be, and I didn't want to really go infront of Timo or Aki either. I could have gone infront of Aapo again, but then I would have needed unmasking early.

I didn't know that Aki played Preternatural strenghts or that strong combat either, not much was seen on previous round we played, so that complicated matters a little bit. Also I didn't draw Liquidations at first which was bad for my pool and couple of times there was close that Simo would oust me, but I survived with some lucky liquidations and ashurs, building storng Nephandus army.

Aapo swarmed fastly many young Gangrels and seemingly rather easily ousted Timo who didn't really get anything done with Lutz before getting ousted, so that put some pressure on Simo as now he got Aapo and those plenty Gangrel behind him. This point Aapo had 1 VP so that meant I had to get 1 also, luckily Aki didn't draw any Carrion Crowse so sacrificing only two Nephanuds I managed to toroporize both Petrodon and Gustaphe Brunelle, and bleed easily Aki out.

During this Aapo advanced agaisnt Simo and ousted him with help of Renegade Garou, but in headsup I turned out to be stronger agian with my 8 nephandus and ossian rushing his minions to torpor and getting my oust and Win. 3VP from Finals

All in all fun games and not easy ones to play, in each game ti could have fallen to anyones hands almost. Now This was my fifth tournament win. Well tournament win that counted as TWDA and Hall of Fame

Baron of Vantaa
Last edit: 19 Apr 2018 20:08 by Cerion.

More
20 Apr 2018 07:12 #86267 by Lönkka

Now this was my fifth tournament win. Well tournament win that counted as TWDA and Hall of Fame

Congrats for attaining that landmark!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cerion

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds