check TWD - 7th Hiekkaharju Nightmare - 05.05.2018, Vantaa Finland

08 May 2018 20:12 - 08 May 2018 20:20 #86647 by Bloodartist
Ill let Cerion to explain accurately, but basically

5 + 4 (2 outside)
4 + 4 (3 outside)
5 (6 outside)
Everyone ends up playing two games.
Table sizes are exact, this does not work with 5+5 tables. Math :)

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 08 May 2018 20:20 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2018 05:58 #86654 by Lemminkäinen
Yeah, that's how it went. Interestingly we started the final on time (and it only lasted for an hour or so) even though there was sorta kinda three rounds as opposed to two. But since the table were allowed to start whenever the players were ready, it flowed very nicely.

More
09 May 2018 06:52 #86655 by Bloodartist

Yeah, that's how it went. Interestingly we started the final on time (and it only lasted for an hour or so) even though there was sorta kinda three rounds as opposed to two. But since the table were allowed to start whenever the players were ready, it flowed very nicely.

My first table was swept in about 40 minutes which kind of enabled everything to go on time, regardless of the extra round of play.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
09 May 2018 07:37 #86657 by Lönkka
That is rather a nifty a solution!
Then again, as the organizer I'd still probably just skip the game myself...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 May 2018 09:42 #86659 by Dada
Hello!

Ravnos player here.
The finals went pretty much like Matias already explained.
I got a bit unlucky with the flow of my deck and didn't draw My kin against the world, Week of nightmares or any relevant event in time.
I feel there really isn't that much hard decision making with a deck as silly as mine. On hindsight I should have seen that THE DEAL was going to get broken.
Since I probably would have gotten the table, if I would have drawn Week on time, and Matias played accordingly. There isn't much more to say about it, I made a mistake and played like I had 1turn more time.
To be more exact at that point my prey(obf/dom) had 8pool and Arika had something like 10.

About my deck:
Very basic Eldest are Kholo deck, with the exeption that I played 2 My kin against the world in order to get one really big turn.(have Ravnos carnival in play, play week, breed like crazy, do the mandatory hunts and untap for bleeds.) and I had Uncoiling(because Unmasking shuts me down), Narrow minds(I'm the bleed sink, like you saw from Matias report. So why not punish such nasty plays) and The slow withering(I'm not using any disciplines and i'm totally willing to sacrifice 1 embrace to get my hand size back up. Punishes those bounces even more, and punishes decks like Arika/Stanislava/Big dom-Big Ani-things in genera, even harder.) Didn't include any Archon Investigations because I was trusting that my events would do work. A possible mistake.

About the tournament:
My first time in 11player tournament, worked just fine. Had time to socialize with a beer in my hand. Tho' I have to complain, that because my second table(that I swept) had only 4players, my tournament points were lower that Mikkos because I ran out of prey(he had 5player table, ripe for harvest) :D I'm not really complaining, just pointing out an Interesting Fact-tm.

General thoughts:
I've had a pretty good run this season, playing against better players than me(just returned from torpor) has taught me a lot and I'm absorbing like a sponge. I've been in the finals in the last 3 Tournaments that I have participated in, albeit 1 of them was really small one. Still no TWDA but I'll get there eventually.

Thanks to Lauri for yet another fun Nightmare.
-Antti

Baron of Riihimäki

• Dada
  • Neonate
  • Neonate
  • "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds