lightbulb TWD – 1st Tragic Love Affair

01 Jun 2018 07:11 - 01 Jun 2018 07:12 #87805 by PetriWessman

You're obviously referring to me here. I wasn't the head judge of the tournament (it was Petri) but I was the organizer, obviously. There was, indeed, discussion about the new cards' legality before the tournament started.

To be clear: I arrived a bit later than most of the others, and was told "I made you the head judge, hope you don't mind" (I didn't). Any discussion about the new cards happened either before I arrived or in another room where I didn't hear it -- since I was well aware of the old 30 day rule and would have said so immediately.

When I saw the new cards being used (during break after 1st round), I assumed there had been a decision to make the tournament unofficial. Should have said something at that point, of course -- but it would have been too late by then anyway. :/

I agree that the legality of the new cards should be made very clear in multiple places. As noted previously, that info is not easy to find on this site. Something to fix for next release :)
Last edit: 01 Jun 2018 07:12 by PetriWessman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2018 06:45 #87838 by UFOPOLI
Yes, it was a combination of unlucky coincidences, but if the information had been provided less obscurely, the whole situation could have been easily avoided.

:baal: 2 votes (titled) of Helsinki

More
02 Jun 2018 07:35 #87839 by Ankha
Duly noted, I'm guilty on that part. We'll do it better next time.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, UFOPOLI

More
03 Jun 2018 10:04 #87868 by Lönkka

but if the information had been provided less obscurely, the whole situation could have been easily avoided.

I, for one, did notice the information and though "Ah, everything is still working just like it always has..."

But that is no reason to not do better late on.
Especially in order to prevent such an unfortunate chain of event sever happening again.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Jun 2018 10:07 #87869 by Lönkka
Unsanctioned event report approved

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Jul 2018 20:02 #89439 by Beatrice

Dura lex, sed lex.

For the clarity, I'd like to know what the lex here is, precisely. An uncaught illegal deck invalidates the tournament - does this only happen if they play in the finals? Does it matter how illegal the deck is - say there's a vampire of illegal grouping in a crypt, or the Anthelios in a library - would the lex hold the same?

What would be the correct thing to do when something like this happens - DQ during the final, I guess? And in case the game has only just started, maybe restart the final?

I still would like an answer to my post. Are there some guidelines or rules on this kind of thing somewhere? It would be good to know what is the basis for a decision such as the unsanctioning of this tournament - transparency is a good thing and builds trust in the people responsible for making such decisions.

Also, it would be interesting and potentially important to know the correct procedure, had the situation been spotted in the finals, for avoiding getting the whole event unsanctioned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds